nygmobblepot

Hi, I was just wondering if I could get some input (or mere approval from current/former IB students) about my chemistry IA research question. Is this a common lab idea? I haven't really seen it anywhere so I'm not sure but I would like to make mine unique. Is it a realistic experiment to conduct within 10 hours?

"How does cooking time affect the vitamin C content in various vegetables?"

Vitamin C titration is a common idea. In addition to the usual titration where one should explain why does the titration work, you would also have to relate cooking time to possibly temperature of the vegetable, to explain why would vitamin C concentration decrease (decomposed? evaporated? loss in water?) and most importantly, work with concentrations on a level allowed by your apparatus (in a vitamin C titration of a citrus fruit, you would not worry about too little ascorbic acid, but there is much less of which in many vegetables). I think it's a creative idea in the right direction, but I think it may be too ambitious in the current form of the question.