Unoriginal EE idea

alexalexalex

Hello!

At my school, they want us to begin to conjure ideas for our EE. Today I wen't to the library to check out my school's previous EEs and I was rather surprised by it. Although I had already heard that the science and maths EEs achieve much lower grades than the language and humanities ones, I was surprised to see almost all of the physics and maths EEs (these are my two strongest subjects) only getting Cs, Ds with the occasional B and E. 

This year, I happen to have an english teacher I absolutely love (although I'm not sure he's quite as good as my biased self sometimes makes him out to be). Regardless, I think he's great. I truly love poetry and so I have been thinking about doing my EE about two poems. The two poems I have in mind are two poems by William Blake. The problem is that so, so many people have compared these two poems and it's not a very original idea. I don't quite know if this matters as the librarian once said that 'you don't need to come up with anything yourself in your EE, just research other people's ideas and put them together'. I'm not really sure if this is true so I figured that I ought to ask you guys, the people of IB survival. 

Thank you xx