Aquiring enzymes for Bio IA (SL) + other IA talk

PeterW

Hey guys I have the first draft of my Bio IA due sometime in the first week of February. My research topic is: " What is the effect of temperature on the activity rate of amylase". Right now I'm having trouble finding a way to get my materials together. My top priority is enzymes as we can borrow scales, beakers and etc. I've been searching online but with no success. On Amazon they have a good deal, but it won't ship to Canada. I saw this other website but the approximate time it takes to ship from their warehouse in Montana to Calgary takes 2-3 weeks, which is past my deadline. As a last resort if I cannot get enzymes, I'm wondering if I could use saliva as it has amylase to convert starches to sugars or use another enzyme (trypsin, but I think this is harder to find). Where do you guys get your materials for your IA? On a side note, I need a way to regulate high temperatures without the use of the incubators we have at our school because our lab technician says most of them are being used for chemistry IAs.

-PW