When is a math protfolio a good one?

Alfabeta

If you're a student who wants a 7 in Math:

17-20 = good

15-16 = OK

For the IA, the grade boundary for a 7 is usually 35 points if I remember correctly, so a 17 is on the verge of a 7. Be happy about it, it isn't easy to score much higher on the IA, since 20 is virtually impossible.

For SL maths the boundary for a seven on the combined IAs ranges between 33 and 35. (Or at least it has in the last few years, if I remember correctly. My maths teacher showed us the statistics a couple of weeks ago, and I think that was it.) So 17 is definitely something to be satisfied with! It's what I'm aiming for, anyway. (The IA in maths is evil and should die in a fire anyway. =( )

Depends on if it is type I or II, i wrote 30 pages on my modeling one i think, whilse only 16? on my type I.

My type II rocked, however, we now need to rewrite it because IB decided to change the requirements suddenly.

(there were to many on the internet) and instead they give us a type I that is about fermats little theorem.

(oke seriously try to find a math problem that is easier to find on the net....)

I'm working on a Type I right now, and it's practically finished (I don't know what more to do, but I don't have the guts to say it's done because I failed last time and this is like... my last chance). It's about nine pages; just above 2000 words. My maths teacher told us that between six and twelve pages should be appropriate, but I don't know if that's actually true. I guess it all depends on how many tables you include and how many times you test things...

• 3 weeks later...

i had to do 4 projects....two modelling and two investigation..i did the......fishing rods..crows dropping nuts..Matrix one and logarithms...i got 12 18 18 18....respectivly.....

and a 7 is 34/40 and above....

and my ;ast two were INSANELY long..one was 41 pages...the other one was about 37 i think...

what about everyone else?

Yeah, my parabola investigation one was 15 pages, and so far my viral illness spreading one is 9 (bout half done) I don't plan on hitting 20, though.

>.< I'm doing exactly the same IAs as you! I finished my parabola one last month, mine was 48 pages... And I've just started on my virus one, can't get past question #2.