Most exciting IB class

luami

this wasn't exactly in IB, but it happened in one of my pre-ib classes, socials 10 H

Class started and all of us were waiting for the student late for class everyday. (background on that student: simple-minded, unreasonable, class slacker, tall and absolutely STUPID) Our teacher was really in a bad mood that day and decided to close the door on him and would not let him in. It's a long story but i'll just get to the most interesting part. He eventually went down on his knees outside the door, begging our teacher to let him in. He even said "even Jesus would let me in" (ok that just cracked up the whole class, you'd had to be there to witness it). He could not complain to the admins because our teacher had reasons for not wanting to teach him anymore...so he was in a pretty tough position. LMAO

post anything about your most exciting..or should I say..the most unforgettable IB class :D

Same kind of student was in my class -- he was an exchange student from Germany. Anyways, he strolls into math class 20 minutes late with a cup of starbucks coffee in his hands and tells the teacher that he was late because he had slept in but tried his very best to come to on time. Then my math teacher asks him "So when did you buy the coffee?" LOL

The guy flushed, muttered a "sorry" and went to his seat.

This is weird. I just had a similar conversation with a friend the other day about this.

Anyway, really there are too many.

Ok, my homeroom and English teacher is really nice though you really don't want to get on his bad side. Once, we were in French class which was a couple of doors down from the English classroom where my English teacher was teaching a grade 9 Drama class. So we were in French having a headache over irregular verbs or whatever and suddenly a door slammed really loudly. And really, the halls in my school echos. You could probably hear it all the way down on Floor 4 (we were on Floor 6). After slamming there was the sound of my English teacher shouting (really loudly) something along the line of "How dare you!" Honestly I don't know why he bothered closing the door since the half the school probably heard him. :D

So anyway, we were in French and basically just looking wildly at each other thinking what the hell happened? For a moment we thought maybe he was just demonstrating something since it was a Drama class but then we kind of peaked out the door and he really was really angry.

The thing that unnerved us really, was that it was towards the end of the period and we had English with him next so we were pretty wary walking into English but he acted pretty normal with our class so we were all right. :P But then we were his favourite class. :D

We found out later that it turns out what happened was that the boy he was shouting at was swearing at him in class in Arabic and didn't realise that the teacher understood Arabic. :D

There are so many stories of hilarious conversations we have in IB classes. Some best ones include:

- The guy in my English class guessing how many wives our English teacher had. We girls kind of gave up on that mystery but the guy he always looked so confused when our teacher mentioned his ex-wives (which he did often just to confuse him :P )

- My English teacher's absolutely horrible maths skill and the fact that his current wife is a maths teacher, somehow leading to a conversation about an exgirlfriend of his who was French (and the fact that he speaks horrible French) and some random story he made up that we all nearly fell for and in the end fell apart laughing at.

- Suggestions for disposal of dead bodies in the future when we run out of land to bury people in Geog - where the teacher's son bluntly suggested that he wouldn't bury his parents when they died but would stuff them and make them into coat racks. :P My Geog teacher (who was the guy's father) found that just hilarious.

- A conversation in History that somehow went from The Cold War --> Dragons --> Ghosts. Don't ask.

- Spending a week's worth of History classes not doing History, but organising the Student Council's Valentine's Day delivery service and V-Day dance, with full permission from our teacher who was the SC supervisor. Haha that was fun.

- Watching the IT teacher come into our Maths class to flirt with his wife who was our Maths teacher. Oh and there was one day back in grade 10 when the said Maths teacher was our homeroom teacher, we were in IT class and our maths teacher also happened to be there. We somehow got into this discussion about babies (again, don't ask) and some guy in my class cunningly asked when they (the IT and Maths teachers) would have a baby. And the IT teacher said something like "Next week" and we were all laughing hysterically. Our Maths teacher went so red though. :P But they're really a cute couple. I think they were the youngest high school teachers in the school.

Oh speaking of coffee: We got free coffee from the staff room every Tuesday because we had Maths first thing every Tuesday and no one would ever be really awake so one day my teacher just sort of went, Wake up or do you want me to get you some coffee? And we all sort of went Yeah!! :P

oo, and our first day back from summer vacation, my history teacher asks the class what we did over the summer and what we learned about the world during that time. Everyone had pretty generic answers until we got to this kid in my class (who I'm not so fond of) He tells us first that he learned that the world is actually a big place because he didn't meet anyone he knew the entire summer (except his parents). So then we got curious and the teacher asks him "Then where did you go?" His response "Nowhere, I stayed at home and played Halo" LOL What does he expect? to bump into his friends (mind you he doesn't have very many) in his closet or something? hahaha

My maths classes are the best because we gossip about our teacher's sex life, we decided that he is a vigin lol and that he is on drugs. Also we have named our calculators, mine is bobby, there is also benny, felix, esmeralda, and dorathaey. And they also are riddled with STIs. I know it is strange but wateva i am strange and maths is boring.

hehe i got another one from the same class..

we have a really naughty/mean guy in our class who wanted to know his presentation mark. he came close to where our teacher sat to tried and get the paper, but the teacher would not let him see. He tried to grab it from her and couldn't, so he pulled her chair away and our teacher collapsed onto the floor (she was pretty plump too :D ). She got really upset and angry that she did not bother to teach our class for the day...

i think TOK class rocks as well...in our class our teacher spends most of the time showing us the most randomest of videos in which we are suppose to learn the ways of knowing or areas of knowledge...and then we always have discussions in our class...that is the best part abt tok...plus i learnt a lot in TOK so far than in any other course...it changed my perspective of the world...kinda weird but cool!

MOST EXCITING CLASS: hmmm really tough question... well i guess chemistry is one of my favorites ... really nice topics :lol: ... biology is nice ... hmmm I LOVE THE ENGLISH NOVELS :lol: ... but my ultimate best must be TOK ... i love the way that class goes ^_^

Psychology: we've got a genius teacher, who is also dyslexic, and in theater productions. He sings to us, occasionally, to wake us up, help us learn the material for laughs and giggles... And he's ALWAYS right. And then there was this one time, when he was demonstrating something... and I won. That was fun. And I won by asking a question - even better!

English: memorable in that EVERY lesson, there is some grammar mistake that has a police siren over it screaming, and I'm trying not to twitch.

Math: ... erm, what Math?

French: the teacher is *always* late... but only by nine minutes. After 10, we're allowed to leave, and assume the class cancelled because the teacher was wasting our time. So we set the clock thirty seconds fast, and ran "like the wind"... that was fun. We then spent the day in the park just up the road.

I think the most exciting class is chemistry because it's always chaos, every single day.

Hmm.. I think it's the chem teachers... well, at least my chem classes are always chaotic because of the teacher... the chem teacher sets himself up all the time like we were talking about food and got on the topic of a really expensive food (I forgot what it was exactly) and he says, all of a sudden: " it's more expensive than drugs!"

Then there was another time we were discussing chocolate and my chem teacher tells us he loves european chocolates.. he told us "It's better than sex"

Gosh, I can get him in so much trouble simply by bringing a tape recorder to record his "lessons" hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
I think the most exciting class is chemistry because it's always chaos, every single day.

My chemistry HL starts next semester! I can't wait! I hope I find it as much fun as u do! =D!

Right now, I would have to say that my History class is the most exciting. We rarely do the conventional "read these pages and answer the following questions" Every day is so much fun and filled w/ surprises!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fierybabe14

Um, I would have to say that biology is one of the best, if the teacher is already there she locks the door and all the guys that always rock up late can't get in ... and its good to rock up late if your tired or have homework to do :rofl:

• 1 month later...
Guest iber2468
- Watching the IT teacher come into our Maths class to flirt with his wife who was our Maths teacher. Oh and there was one day back in grade 10 when the said Maths teacher was our homeroom teacher, we were in IT class and our maths teacher also happened to be there. We somehow got into this discussion about babies (again, don't ask) and some guy in my class cunningly asked when they (the IT and Maths teachers) would have a baby. And the IT teacher said something like "Next week" and we were all laughing hysterically. Our Maths teacher went so red though. tongue.gif But they're really a cute couple. I think they were the youngest high school teachers in the school.

AWWWWW that's the cutest thing ever!! I really wish I had them. We just have older students coming back and calling the teachers by their maiden name before finding out they've changed it already.

Oh speaking of coffee: We got free coffee from the staff room every Tuesday because we had Maths first thing every Tuesday and no one would ever be really awake so one day my teacher just sort of went, Wake up or do you want me to get you some coffee? And we all sort of went Yeah!! laugh.gif

Damn I wish my math teacher would do that!

Guest whatever

i am in love with my Information technology in a global society class . I am hating the internal assessment , but the class rocks ! you just have to look around you , and apply it on the paper .

i usually mess us questions that do with terms definitions , because i don't know them! But the rest is cool !

I'd have to say that my Calculus IB class is the funnest, mainly because I already took it in 9th grade and because I'm taking Calculus IV at the college near our school. Since they didn't let me take the test in 9th they told me to take the class but with the only condition of taking it again in 11th, so now I'm slacking through this class, which I love because Calculus is my life, and I even have the same teacher for this class as in my Calculus IV class at college because she teaches there too. She is a great teacher too, she got the teacher of the year national award a couple of years back for highest passing percentage of Calculus BC (Calculus 2).