What Grade Did You Get for Your EE?

Alix

Wikipedia isn't that bad of a place. If you quote it, and you double check the source and if the information is right, Wikipedia might just word something better for your specific investigation. I think if you quote it, the assessors assume you properly checked the information in your quote outside of Wikipedia.

Also, on most of the pages that are legitimate pages that someone might actually use on their EE, you need more clearance than just a random account on Wikipedia to change it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wikipedia isn't that bad of a place. If you quote it, and you double check the source and if the information is right, Wikipedia might just word something better for your specific investigation. I think if you quote it, the assessors assume you properly checked the information in your quote outside of Wikipedia.

Also, on most of the pages that are legitimate pages that someone might actually use on their EE, you need more clearance than just a random account on Wikipedia to change it.

I actually think that you should almost never quote Wikipedia. While Wikipedia is a great source of information and especially sources, it's still a mistake to quote/reference it, unless the actual topic of discussion is Wikipedia itself. Just try to find the information in another source instead. While a Wikipedia article may be right on one subject, non-experts can change Wikipedia, although it'll probably be changed back. Since there's always that risk, people marking your papers will look negatively at it being referenced.

Above poster, how do you know what your EE got? It says you are a May 2013 student, don't you have to wait for July?

As for me, I'm predicted a B for UCAS purposes as cjy said, and my school refuses to predict 3 core points to be cautious (even though my supervisor personally predicts it an A, loves it and wants to use it as an exemplar ¬¬)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm predicted a B, although my supervisor says it could perhaps be an A. I wrote my EE on four telegrams between Stalin and Mao regarding the Chinese intervention in the Korean War.

I actually think that you should almost never quote Wikipedia. While Wikipedia is a great source of information and especially sources, it's still a mistake to quote/reference it, unless the actual topic of discussion is Wikipedia itself. Just try to find the information in another source instead. While a Wikipedia article may be right on one subject, non-experts can change Wikipedia, although it'll probably be changed back. Since there's always that risk, people marking your papers will look negatively at it being referenced.

I'd say that Wikipedia is a good place to conduct general research, but you should never reference Wikipedia as a source in an academic paper. In addition to JoeGuff's assertion, I'd also add that it's a tertiary source. For academic research, you should always aim to find primary or secondary sources instead. Rather than quoting Wikipedia directly, I would suggest you go to the sources which Wikipedia references, as they are often of a high quality and you'll avoid any potential issues with citing Wikipedia.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a little surreal for me to actually post in this thread because even though I have never been a super committed IBSurvival user, from the beginning of my IB experience I remember seeing this thread. So I guess it makes me a little emotional, because I was always in awe of the people with A's and that was from before I even began writing my EE.. It seemed impossible back then, but now I am proud to say that I wrote my EE in English and received an A :) My essay examined the various portrayals of seclusion within the materialistic setting of Everything & More by Geoff Nicholson and analyzed its effect on characterization... It was my baby and I still love it!!

Edited by Babydolleyes

I was writing my EE from B&M and I got a predicted grade "D" from my encouraging teacher. Eventually I got "A", so when it comes to me I can advise you to just stick to your plan, think of possible corrections but don't rush through to change everything because your teacher thinks so :)