What was your IOP topic?

dexter

• 2 weeks later...

The Timeless Shrew! How The Taming of the Shrew and Ten Things I Hate About You illustrate philosophical, psychological, sociological (and even literary) truth, if there ever were such a thing.

I expounded on how the two works demonstrate a descriptive moral relativism, evoke questions about universal standards of right and wrong, and provide a good view of the power of the society in determining both how we think and our situation that we're thinking about.

I finished off with a theory about a common literary device between the two works where characters were punished via the mechanisms of social control for behaviors the author didn't like and rewarded for those the author did.

And I did it in a way that kept everyone interested by being very, very histrionic. It was a good day.

Edited by Philovitist

I did my IOP last week!

It was on Slaughterhouse Five - the effects of time travel (more specifically, I talked about Billy's mental state, the state of reality, and new perceptions on emotion and death caused by the use of time travel in the novel).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Have only had mine in Norwegian yet, but I chose: How are women perceived in the novels "Salme ved reisens ****t" (Psalm at Journey's End) and "Tatt av kvinnen" (Gone with the Woman)?

They're two novels that were both written in the 1990s, but the story of Psalm at Journey's End is set in 1912 before and during R.M.S. Titanic's trip.

I did it on Thursday and got 28/30 :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm actually working on mine right now because it's due tomorrow! My topic is:

The allusion of the snake in Heart of Darkness to Adam and Eve in relation to novel's themes of; greed, power, and madness/loss of identity.

Only 2 more themes to talk about and I already have my quotes picked out! Then after I make a prezi and do my bio lab write up I can go to bed...at about 3am. Oh the joys of IB