dexter

IOP What was your IOP topic?

276 posts in this topic

I had mine last week and I did it on the importance of letters in Ian McEwan's Atonement. I looked at how 4 important letters had an effect on the characters and thus helped carry along the plot.

admist adversity and human suffering can ' the plague' by albert camus and ' if this is a man' by primo levi be seen as life affirming texts?

Ah, I got a 23/30. Oh well, according to my teacher's record it will be increased upon moderation, but still, some of my classmates scored way higher. :read:

How does Ted Hughes convey the difficulty of finding inspiration in 'The Thought Fox'?

I did mine on whether Mersault from The Stranger was a tragic hero or anti hero.

I compared Kafka to Gregor and the ways the Metamorphosis reveals Kafka's psychology. I got a 26.

I did a freedom comparison between Nineteen Eighty-Four and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.

Had a powerpoint with quotes from the book, and I had a vague idea of what I wanted to say, but it was mostly made up on the spot.

Got a 29/30, lost my point in the first category. I was pretty shocked when I got my results, because I had thought I could have done a lot better, but I'm really happy about it all the same.

I did a freedom comparison between Nineteen Eighty-Four and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.

Had a powerpoint with quotes from the book, and I had a vague idea of what I wanted to say, but it was mostly made up on the spot.

Got a 29/30, lost my point in the first category. I was pretty shocked when I got my results, because I had thought I could have done a lot better, but I'm really happy about it all the same.

wow get over yourself kid.. you really have a huge ego

1 person likes this

Whoa I can't even remember what my IOP topic was! O.o Something about reality, fantasy, escape... not sure.

But I'm glad that was over. :D

We don't get our marks till next year.

I did my IOP on "tools and methods of control in 1984"

i kicked ass!! :)

1 person likes this

my IOP was on the Makioka Sisters & "How the author portrays westernization of Japan through the characters, especially Taeko."

In Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar, the colors green, yellow, and blue symbolize the theme of entrapment.

It was a pretty awesome presentation, I can't lie.

I did mine on the poem Australia by A.D. Hope. I used powerpoint slides with voice recordings and a telephone set, to interview the poet, aka me. It was good fun :)

hi i am doing my IOP on the theme of 'escapism' in train to Pakistan.

i would be talking about how the people in that time setting blamed their destinies and fates for what they were doing and what was happening around them instead of looking at the reality of the situation. i would also be talking about how certain charecters of the book get drunk to avoid the truth and try to escape from it.

my teacher wants us to present it creatively rather than just reading out an essay...

any ideas on how i should present it and also what else i should add to my IOP?

pls help!!

My IOP was on the significance of the green light in The Great Gatsby.

I got 26/30, so I was happy with that, although I'm not sure how much that'll change after moderation.

Mine was: investigating the effect of diction, mainly connotations of words, and parallelism in conveying despair and desire in the Curious and the Bored leading the former to a state of existentialism and the latter to one of absurdism in Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Carol Ann Duffy's poem Stealing.

Tartuffe ou L'imposteur - Jean-Baptiste Poquelin

My topic was the theme of the seven deadly sins in the play.

Mine was on Equus and it related Alan's struggles with reality to the philosophy behind the Allegory of the Cave.

Mine was Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys interview with main character ( Antoinette Cosway)

Wow that sounds really exotic! Mine was based on Wuthering Height's and essentially argued that Edgar Linton was Linton's real father and not Heathcliff as it was (purposefully) deceptively portrayed in the novel. We memorized our whole script, and it's going to haunt me forever! I loved Wuthering Height's so much before my IOP :( We got 30/30 in the end, so I guess it was all worth it though! :)

Edited by Babydolleyes

My topic was on the liberation of women/ the flapper in the 1920s and the Great Gatsby

Mine was the metamorphosis of Tom Joad in the Grapes of Wrath :)

mine was on midaq alley of naguib mahfouz and how women influence men in that novel