What was your IOP topic?

dexter

• 2 weeks later...

hi i am doing my IOP on the theme of 'escapism' in train to Pakistan.

i would be talking about how the people in that time setting blamed their destinies and fates for what they were doing and what was happening around them instead of looking at the reality of the situation. i would also be talking about how certain charecters of the book get drunk to avoid the truth and try to escape from it.

my teacher wants us to present it creatively rather than just reading out an essay...

any ideas on how i should present it and also what else i should add to my IOP?

pls help!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest FaridaEzzat

Mine was: investigating the effect of diction, mainly connotations of words, and parallelism in conveying despair and desire in the Curious and the Bored leading the former to a state of existentialism and the latter to one of absurdism in Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Carol Ann Duffy's poem Stealing.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys interview with main character ( Antoinette Cosway)

Wow that sounds really exotic! Mine was based on Wuthering Height's and essentially argued that Edgar Linton was Linton's real father and not Heathcliff as it was (purposefully) deceptively portrayed in the novel. We memorized our whole script, and it's going to haunt me forever! I loved Wuthering Height's so much before my IOP :( We got 30/30 in the end, so I guess it was all worth it though! :)

Edited by Babydolleyes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...