What was your IOP topic?

dexter

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to do "An Analysis of Constructed Realities and Personas in The Great Gatsby" on March 7th

I just started writing my introduction and got an outline down so I have a lot of work to do. I am going to be looking at Gatsby, Daisy, and Tom specifically, so that should be fun.

Quick question: My teacher said that it's almost impossible to get into the 9-10 markband for criteria B and C and the 5 markband for criteria A and D so I was wondering how those who received those scores did it. I'm not quite sure how to make my presentation "that good." XD

Edited by adletaY
  • Like 1

I did mine on irony in "A Doll's House" by Henrik Ibsen and The Kite Runner by... Khaled Husseini? Is that his name? Anyway, focused on the types of irony, how the authors created/presented it... etc etc. Got a 7. :]

Can you give me a little more details on how did you present your IOP as I am also doing IRONY and I have the information but am stuck up how to present the information.....

• 3 weeks later...

Finally done it :D

My main question was:

"How does the use of symbolism serve as a vehicle for the authors' attitude on the theme of discrimination in both The Dolls House by Katherine Mansfield and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini"

I'll be recording it and posting it in the files section later on :)

I did mine today on Kafka's usage of symbolism in the Metamorphosis and how it is applied on the psychological evolution of Gregor and his family.

Managed to score 27/30 :)

oh cool! i did mine on metamorphosis too, but i don't know what i got for it. we didn't get told. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did a freedom comparison between Nineteen Eighty-Four and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.

Had a powerpoint with quotes from the book, and I had a vague idea of what I wanted to say, but it was mostly made up on the spot.

Got a 29/30, lost my point in the first category. I was pretty shocked when I got my results, because I had thought I could have done a lot better, but I'm really happy about it all the same.

I did a freedom comparison between Nineteen Eighty-Four and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.

Had a powerpoint with quotes from the book, and I had a vague idea of what I wanted to say, but it was mostly made up on the spot.

Got a 29/30, lost my point in the first category. I was pretty shocked when I got my results, because I had thought I could have done a lot better, but I'm really happy about it all the same.

wow get over yourself kid.. you really have a huge ego

• Like 1