Word Cound on History EE need Help!

hector_glz

Hi everyone, I'm kinda screwed on my word count for my History EE, but I heard some rumors about how to diminish the word count, I just want the IB Survival community to help me with those rumors.

1.- I heard that dates don't count i.e. Jaunary the 3rd of 1999 or 2007. Is this true?
2.- Are subtitles and titles counted on the word count?
3.- I'm using MLA citation, are the references counting? i.e. "The Great Depression occurred during the late 20's" (Thompson 24)....I'm talking about the "(Thompson 24)" part, is it counted on the word count?

Thakns a loot, any coments will be helpful! =)

As we all know, The EE should be around 4000 words. The 4000 words includes the Introduction, Body, Conclusion, and any quotations. It does not include the Abstract, Acknowledgements, Table of Contents, Illustrations, Bibliography, Footnotes, Endnotes, or Appendices.

1.I'm doing EE in chemistry, so not sure about the date. Since it is History, there must be a lot right. Suggest you wait from other replies.
2. I didn't count for subtitles and titles. Just the contents.
3. The references are not count as you put it as Footnotes/Endnotes.

And to add up, use Times New Roman or Courier and nothing fancy, flashy, or difficult for the eyes. :D

• 2 weeks later...

~4000 words is on the ball.

1. If you mean dates at which stuff happened, then yes, but this shouldn't DRASTICALLY put your word count up anyway.

2. I personally didn't count them.

3. No

I found a pretty detailed link to a pdf file from our school's online IB extended essay database; [url="http://turnerfentonib.com/docs/ee/Writing_a_History_EE.pdf"]http://turnerfentonib.com/docs/ee/Writing_a_History_EE.pdf[/url]