Is it true that Group 4 Extended Essays are graded more strictly?

Aether

I am doing my EE in biology, and our EE teacher told us that this kind of EE's don't get good grades very often. We saw an example where a girl did an excellent lab practice and she got a C. I couldn´t see why. I am getting worried here, (not to mention how much I regret my decision), does this happen all around the world or is it just my school's bad luck??

Well it might look excellent to your untrained eye, but you really have to look at the rubric for the EE and ensure she followed it well. I mean, someone could write an amazing essay, with a great presentation and everything--but if it's not to what IB wants of you, you can't really do well.

If you want to do an EE in Biology, by all means do it. Follow the rubric closely and carefully, and you're sure to do fine with a good choice of topic.

Make sure you read the IBO extended essay critirea carefully, especially the ones for Bio EE.
The case of your mate is quite true. My classmate did a statistical Bio EE at a very high standard, and he is about to get it published on a medical journal. But this EE earned him a B at the end, probably because he did no lab work.

It really depends on the person it might look good to you, but to a marker it could have been filled with mistakes. If you try hard and put sweat and tears into It you can get a B, if your smart and put your sweat and tears and the stars align you can maybe get an A. It just depends.