Put my post back up

topnotch5

I want to know if I'm not alone. I wanna feel better about this whole situation. Sorry about the cursing.

Admin edit: We understand that you are frustrated but this isn't just a place to rant. If you want to rant, I've moved this to the chat forum where you are free to rant as much as you want (within reason).

Haha, Was this kid complaining about the workload of IB? Ya like Ashika says No one feels that way.

No that was not me. I complained about not making it into college of charleston honors college despite doing IB and posting a high GPA along with being an eagle scout....but whatever. I guess my 1250 SAT judges me as a good student or not.

Honestly, College of Charleston isn't that hard to get into. And IF your GPA and whatnot were great enough, they would have looked past your scores. If you feel so strongly that you should have made it in, just contest it and substantiate your claim. Its not IB's fault. Don't expect people on an IB forum to sympathize with you about IB ruining your life.

Edited by flsweetheart422

Honestly, College of Charleston isn't that hard to get into. And IF your GPA and whatnot were great enough, they would have looked past your scores. If you feel so strongly that you should have made it in, just contest it and substantiate your claim. Its not IB's fault. Don't expect people on an IB forum to sympathize with you about IB ruining your life.

Thats not what I'm here to do. Hell, cofc is not even in my top 3. I know its not that hard to get into however I know a couple people who got in and, i'll be honest, aren't as good students as I am. Maybe their SAT is what did it or maybe not, I just think the system is pretty flawed. IB plus my good grades were not good enough to get in, which really surprised me.

Edited by topnotch5

Thats not what I'm here to do. Hell, cofc is not even in my top 3. I know its not that hard to get into however I know a couple people who got in and, i'll be honest, aren't as good students as I am. Maybe their SAT is what did it or maybe not, I just think the system is pretty flawed. IB plus my good grades were not good enough to get in, which really surprised me.

That happens all the time, innit? 45s have been rejected from Oxbridge, yet 42s have been accepted. It's life, and they probably saw something in those students that they didn't see in you. As depressing as it is, deal with it and move on. If you knew SATs were that important, then you should have prioritized and placed precedence on them over IB. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

Also, it's also quite arrogant to say "honestly" that someone is not a good student as you, because you don't actually KNOW. Academic results don't determine how good a student one is and neither does the number of extra curriculars.