Words of Wisdom

a.barghuthi

"Merideth Grey: A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we hadn't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day. Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying."

-Dr. Merideth Grey

"Merideth Grey: If there's just one piece of advice i can give you, it's this - when there's something you really want, fight for it, don't give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you've lost hope, ask yourself if 10 years from now, you're gonna wish you gave it just one more shot.

because the best things in life, they don't come free."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Impossible is a matter of perspective-Kawther

Be not afraid of greatness, for some were born great, some have achieved greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them- she's the man

Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. - Albert Einstein

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor. - Albert Einstein

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -Ghandi

I hope these are found useful >.<

“Its not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you , and once in a while people may even take your breath away.”

-Dr. Meredith Grey

“Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.” -Dr. Meredith Grey

“Some of us are scared of commitments. And some of us let them slip out of our grasps. Commitments are complicated. We may surprise ourselves at the commitments we ARE willing to make. TRUE COMMITMENT TAKES EFFORT and SACRIFICE.Which is why sometimes we have to learn the hard way, to chose our commitments very carefully.” -Dr. Meredith Grey

“Its not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you , and once in a while people may even take your breath away.”

-Dr. Meredith Grey

“Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.” -Dr. Meredith Grey

“Some of us are scared of commitments. And some of us let them slip out of our grasps. Commitments are complicated. We may surprise ourselves at the commitments we ARE willing to make. TRUE COMMITMENT TAKES EFFORT and SACRIFICE.Which is why sometimes we have to learn the hard way, to chose our commitments very carefully.” -Dr. Meredith Grey

Ahhhhh! Anything from Grey's Anatomy is just >.<

I feel a bit better now :P

well well i think I might have

So you are a big fan too afterglow of Grey's anatomy! I just love it!

Glad to make you feel better and I hope that whatever makes u sad gets better

Haha, I'm addicted to GA :P If I ever feel bad or sad or just want to relax, then it's just to watch any episode of it :D I just can't wait for the next episode but I am a bit sad that there wasn't one yesterday :D

This is one quote from the first episode that I like to keep in mind when things are getting tough, just applying it to that situation :D

"I can't think of any one reason of why I want to be a surgeon but I can think of a thousand of reasons why I should quit. They make it hard on purpose. There are lives in our hands. There comes a moment when it is more than just a game and you either take that step forward or turn around and walk away. I could quit but here is the thing - I love the playing field. " - Meredith Grey

• 2 weeks later...
I am still waiting for season 4!

I love this qoute but i dont know it by heart that is why I have not posted it.

who is your fav. character?

I am too in love with grey's anatomy and the way they do it u cant wait to see the nect episode unbelievable!

Ah, well then I'll try not to spoil anything :P My favourite character...um I don't know. I mean I love most of them, particularly Meredith, Derek, George, Izzie, Christina, Mark, Callie, Bailey.....lol can't choose. Who is yours?

I found these inspirational quotes from Greys Anatomy all by Meredith Grey:

"Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ***. And when the dam bursts, all you can do is swim. The world of pretend is a cage, not a cocoon. We can only lie to ourselves for so long. We are tired, we are scared, denying it doesn't change the truth. Sooner or later we have to put aside our denial and face the world. Head on, guns blazing. De Nile. It's not just a river in Egypt, it's a freakin' ocean. So how do you keep from drowning in it?"

"At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines... that are way too dangerous to cross.”

"“Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.”

Edited by Afterglow