What Language B options does your school offer?

Vvi

In our school, for the normal high school, they offer Chinese and French

But for IB, they offered Mandarin Ab Initio and Spanish Ab Initio

At first there were at least 14 students in each class, but it lessened as the levels were adjusting to IB Levels

Though most of the students stayed in Spanish, alot moved to Visual Arts from Mandarin cuz they had to memorize all the characters :P

I stayed cuz I keep thinking that Mandarin is similar to Korean (not the writing but some of the words) so Im still dealing with the memorization and stuff :P

My school offers spanish, french. and english for international students. And there are like 2 people who are doing latin as their second language. (I don't really get this. Since as far as I know, no one actually 'speaks' latin in their life.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Though most of the students stayed in Spanish, alot moved to Visual Arts from Mandarin cuz they had to memorize all the characters :D

Doesn't seem like a very good choice, in my opinion. In my year, there are about 10 art students, but only 1 has reached a five as end-of-term-grade this far.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My school (in my opinion) pretty much sucks if it's about languages:

English SL/HL/A2

German SL/HL

French SL/HL

Spanish Ab initio

Spanish is new so I didn't get the chance to take it as one of my subjects, which aggravates me a lot. Plus, it would be nice if they gave at least the SL option as well.

Anyhow, I wish we had some cool languages to choose from like Italian, Dutch or Japanese.

Edited by neyann

For Language B, My school offers Chinese B, Indonesian B, German Ab Initio and Japanese Ab Initio, however, they are trying to phase out Indonesian B, and are replacing it with German B. Oh, and English B (I forgot about that one) :)

Edited by Asheee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...