Film as EE / EE on film?

Darth Martin

Yeah, but, is there actually someone who has done it?

Okay, I think it's too late for me to change subject or find a supervisor, but can't we just play with the thought (common Swedish expression, anyway) and write some suggestions for RQ's on an EE in Film? (if there's nobody who actually has done it)

I'll start:

''To what extent is David Lynch in serious need for psychiatric help?''

I've never seen someone actually do a film for their EE but your topic sounds interesting! I guess if you're already good at film and filmmaking you don't need a qualified supervisor. I'd make sure of the criteria and how they grade films instead of essays. I'd love to do a film instead of a long and boring essay, but I wouldn't know how to even start! haha.

Good luck!

• 4 months later...

Ha, I guess I will just respond to this incase other IB students currently writing their EE comeon here. But yeah I wrote my EE in film. I did the cinematography in Hitchcock's [i]Psycho[/i]. I wasn't in film either, and my supervisor was just an English teacher but it kind of helped because then I knew just how in depth to go with descriptions because he hadn't seen the film. I don't know, I just think it was relatively easy to do for the EE. Then again maybe I will get back after I get the marks :P

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Dark Matter' date='June 15, 2009 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1245104286' post='50038']
Ha, I guess I will just respond to this incase other IB students currently writing their EE comeon here. But yeah I wrote my EE in film. I did the cinematography in Hitchcock's [i]Psycho[/i]. I wasn't in film either, and my supervisor was just an English teacher but it kind of helped because then I knew just how in depth to go with descriptions because he hadn't seen the film. I don't know, I just think it was relatively easy to do for the EE. Then again maybe I will get back after I get the marks :D
[/quote]

It was similar for me.
My supervisor was my english teacher, but does A-level Film studies, so he was able to help me from both sides.
I wasnt taught the subject, but I read "How to read a film" which I found in our library, Such a great book for fans of film.
I think I also decided on my tutor quite late, so dont be put off it.
I got an A for mine btw. I did it on Fassbinder, and how he depicted "intense relationships".