An Extended Essay in English A2

avident

I am sort of puzzled at the moment. I want to do my EE in English A2, but since English B is also part of the Group 2, I am apparently doing my EE in English B? This undermines my English skills tremendously, I think, and I would like to inquire whether anyone knew how universities feel about this? Will it look bad if I did my EE in English (Group 2)? Do they even distinguish between A2 and B in the official papers, by the way?
Sorry if I'm being confusing, I am just nervous as we are almost in the process of choosing our EE topics!

Your essay will be counted as a Group 2 essay, not a B or A2 essay, so it won't reflect on your language skills, exactly. As for how universities feel about it, I've actually never heard any university ask for what kind of EE an applicant wrote; the only time you might mention it would probably be if the topic of the EE is closely related with the area you're planning on studying, in which case you might say something about it in the Personal Statement or whatever you may be writing as part of your application. If it is related, great! If not, I'm fairly certain it won't have any impact on your chances at all; having ever written an academic essay is a huge plus no matter what it was about.

But you're right that the essays are judged the same whether you study at B or A2 level, but this is only because they are both in Group 2. (I guess that is what you mean by distinguishing between the two in the official papers? They don't.)

Good luck with choosing a shiny topic! :sick: