TOK Presentation

Milky

Hey..

I have to prepare and deliver a presentation which is:
• 10 minutes in duration
• On a contemporary topic
• Raises knowledge issues (i.e. possibilities and problems of knowledge) related to "Knowledge and Belief"
• Focuses on an AoK and relevant WoKs.

I was hoping someone could help me out with choosing a current affair which relates to knowledge and belief and maybe just help me to get started, because I am having a bit of trouble.

Thanks

Do you not get a list of prescribed topics of some kind? I know when we were doing our TOK presentations, we were given a list of about two pages of possible topics.

Thinking back we had good presentations on pretty much every topic imaginable. A particularly memorable one dealt with reality TV shows. We also had topics on things like arranged marriage, the death penalty, stereoids in professional sports, the uses and misuses of the internet...it just comes down to picking a topic you're passionate about and would actually like to research/talk about for 10 minutes. You can easily find AoK and WoKs in pretty much anything.

The choises for the TOK presentation topic is very open and flexible.
Take any issue you feel is important that could relate to two ways of knowing.
I did my first one on 'child abuse' and I used Emotion and Reason. I got 16-18/20 for that
I did my second one on AIDS in africa and got higher than the first one. I used emotion and reason again.
As long as you can relate a topic to some aspect of TOK you're fine.

There are many global issues out there
www.globalissues.org is a good site you can take a look at.

[quote name='greaterthaninfinity' post='39977' date='Mar 11 2009, 02:51 AM']I think a great one would be stem cell research. It's directly linked to the AoK of biological sciences. Different people will obviously have a different outlook on this topic; anything could easily be tied to knowledge and interpretation, really. :argh: [/quote]
This.

Another fun current topic is data mining through the use of the internet.