math studies i.a

njoki

hi,
i need help for some math studies i.a topics..any suggestions?
i had wanted to do something like "do age and gender affect one's choice of readio station?"
but my teacher said it wasnt a really good topic..
i would really appreciate any topic suggestions, especially ones that use statistics, which i feel is better for me...
please help?

Come. Up. With. Your. Own. Question.

All your past 3 posts have asked for help on something. You only post when you need help, and never offer any back. All of your posts ask for someone else to come up with a question for you. Do you ever come up with your own ideas, or do you leave that to other people too?

This site isn't a babysitting network. When you have a topic, come back here and ask for help/suggestions. Until then, go do some work on your own. Look at previous posts in the Math section, and what people have said they will do their projects on. If you want to do statistics, pick up your IB Math Book and see the kind of questions that they ask about Chi-Squared and graphs.

• Like 1

[quote name='Vvi' post='39756' date='Mar 9 2009, 04:19 PM']Come. Up. With. Your. Own. Question.

All your past 3 posts have asked for help on something. You only post when you need help, and never offer any back. All of your posts ask for someone else to come up with a question for you. Do you ever come up with your own ideas, or do you leave that to other people too?

This site isn't a babysitting network. When you have a topic, come back here and ask for help/suggestions. Until then, go do some work on your own. Look at previous posts in the Math section, and what people have said they will do their projects on. If you want to do statistics, pick up your IB Math Book and see the kind of questions that they ask about Chi-Squared and graphs.[/quote]

They're right...we're all in the same boat, at least try before you ask. Come up with somethign and THEN ask someone's feed back on it, does ask us to do ALL the work for you ALL the time, sometimes is ok though :P ROFL

• 2 years later...

Our teacher had us answer these questions to give us an idea of what we would like to do if we had no clue where to start:
What do you want to major in in college?
What college do you want to go to?
What clubs are you a part of?
What sports do you play?
How are you getting your CAS hours?
What are your hobbies?
What activities have you done on your favorite vacations?
What would be on your "bucket list"?
What things would you like to learn about?
What topics are you interested in?
What is your job?
What would be your dream job?

Look at your list and circle your top 5 favorite.
Narrow your choices down to 3.
Find your #1 choice.
List every variable you know about this topic and anything that is measurable.
Find 2 quantitative variables that go together, and 2 categorical variables.

You can use this to form your topic
Hope it helps

• Like 1