Revision Events

Joey

This is a somewhat cool idea.

Make a chat section in the forum where students can ask questions to each other and answer each other's doubts. Get multiple rooms for different subjects. Many online rooms for cooperative revision. I think it's an owning idea.

Comments?

I think he was refering to a shoutbox scenario?

which would not be as useful as posting it in threads in the subject forums because these will last and people can go through them rather than a "chat" function where the questios and helpful feedback will dissappear after =)

If people were to psot a question everytime they had one, the forums would be polluted. An additional idea would be to invite college students or even teachers if possible to come in and answer the questions. =)

MSN Video Conference lessons could also work, though that's a bit of an extreme, with careful planning everything is possible. For example, I have a white board in my room.

Regards

Possibly too complicated. I'm thinking if you want a revision thread, then make a big general revision thread in the individual subject forum and ask all the small revision related questions there.
Kind of hard to get everyone on the forum at once considering the spread of the people around the world. Well, unless you're in Canada. for some reason this fourm has a lot of Canadians. :(

[quote name='Joey' post='41548' date='Mar 24 2009, 03:58 AM']Point taken. Will do so.

Thanks for listening though. The act of bouncing off ideas is great practice for all![/quote]
With exam time coming around then a few weeks before we can make an announcement about it and dedicate a day for each subject revision where people answer other people's questions on the subject forum. It could work that way. But there's no insurance people will read the announcements or be available...

thoughts?