[Visual Arts] Quantity of work, SLA

Simen

Hello to all you IB'ers out there!

I am currently in the last year of the Diploma programme, and I attend Visual Arts at SL, option A. As of now, I have 9 works (where one counts as two), but my teacher has told us that we should have 12 to be done. I did some reading in the guide though, and there it says that the number of works required is not specified, only what it "reasonable" within the time allocated. Do any of you have some advise, thoughts or previous experience with this? I know I could be able to create enough pieces, but it would be stressful and they would obviously be of poor quality, since I have about 4 weeks to make them in.

Best regards, Simen (yup, a Norwegian name) :D

[quote name='Simen' post='41657' date='Mar 25 2009, 09:09 PM']Hello to all you IB'ers out there!

I am currently in the last year of the Diploma programme, and I attend Visual Arts at SL, option A. As of now, I have 9 works (where one counts as two), but my teacher has told us that we should have 12 to be done. I did some reading in the guide though, and there it says that the number of works required is not specified, only what it "reasonable" within the time allocated. Do any of you have some advise, thoughts or previous experience with this? I know I could be able to create enough pieces, but it would be stressful and they would obviously be of poor quality, since I have about 4 weeks to make them in.

Best regards, Simen (yup, a Norwegian name) :) [/quote]

I attend the last year at the ib diploma programme too, and i do have the exact same visual arts, as a matter of fact, arnt you in my class? Johan here :D i have like 7 works, and my retarded teacher doesnt know what the workload is supposed to be, my disdain will possibly lead to her evisceration and further demise, the vague discription in the syllabus implies that you have 8-12 works done, but thats dependant on the time given... is there anyone who can illuminate further?

Mkay, I talked to the teacher today and she said that it is fine to have less than 12 works - IF they are of sufficient quality and enough work has been put into them. It seems it is possible to have as few as 8 works, as long as you can justify it. I thought I should post it, just in case someone else is wondering.