Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martii

French Extended Essay

Hey!

Is anyone doing an extended essay in French? I am considering this option but I am not sure yet.

I woul like to do literature..probably modern ... but my options are still open right now.

There's only A1 / B when it comes to the EE. :D

I am B Higher/Standard not sure yet.... I have my A1 language czech and A2 English

You should be pretty close to bilingual for even a language B EE. How well do you speak French?

You should be pretty close to bilingual for even a language B EE. How well do you speak French?

If you are referring to the bilingual diploma...I think they only award it for EE in A1 or A2.

If you are referring to the bilingual diploma...I think they only award it for EE in A1 or A2.

It's also awarded if you write your EE in another language. :)

I was simply referring to the fact that you need to speak French well (close to the level of a bilingual person!) to do an EE in French B. Moreover, as I stated above, there exists no such thing as an EE in A2.

I was simply referring to the fact that you need to speak French well (close to the level of a bilingual person!) to do an EE in French B. Moreover, as I stated above, there exists no such thing as an EE in A2.

Oh sorry. Ignore my comment then.

I'm doing my extended essay in french B and I'm far away from being bilingual.The Ib doesnt mark you on your language,of coures it has to be

comprehensible , but it doesnt has to be in perfect french.As long as it is analytical and following the syllabus , you will get good marks.

in may class , 3 people are doing EE in french B and no one is close to be fluent in french .

So if you enjoy french , do it .

Edited by rainbow