Personality Tests

meh

I've taken a few personality 'quizzes' before - you know, those short, informal ones you can find on Facebook or whatnot. I never really liked/agreed with them, because they often asked very obvious questions and the results never really tell you antyhing you don't know. But recently in our Career and Life Management (CALM) class, which is a localized mandatory course similar to health I suppose, we took a personality test that has an extensive amount of research behind it. It's called the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - has anyone taken this test before? I found my results very enlightening and thought that the descriptions were fairly accurate. What are your opinions on personality tests? If you've taken this test, what have your results been?

With personality tests, I usually know what answers are going to get me to what result.

So I choose the answers based on what I think of myself and VOILA! I get the answer that depicts exactly what I think I am & therefore seems quite 'accurate' to me...

& The results also depend on what sort of day I'm having as compared to me, in general.

Oh and I just googled the test youmentioned in specific :)

I'm not sure if it's the exact one, but the results were not so detailed in this case.

Edited by 1-2-3
  • Like 1

Here's a link to the test we took in CALM (I forgot it's also known as the Jung personality test, so it took me awhile to find the link):

http://similarminds.com/jung.html

Don't pay much attention to the short description it gives you there when you finish the quiz, look up your four letter type at these sites:

http://www.personalitypage.com/portraits.html

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/

I'm almost always ISFJ! The descriptions are like dead on... but I guess I kinda expect them to be, also. I really like these personality tests because I think we can learn about ourselves and how to reach our full potential in life. :) And I love psychology anyways, so it kinda goes with my "field of interest".

Oh, I'm ESTJ btw haha

Extroverted

Sensing

Thinking

Judging

EDIT: And I redid the test because it's been a year since I last did it... same results but a bit more introverted now apparently.

Extroverted (E) 68.57% Introverted (I) 31.43%

Sensing (S) 59.46% Intuitive :) 40.54%

Thinking (T) 55% Feeling (F) 45%

Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

Edited by Ashika

I'm INTJ, and the first time I did the test and read the descriptions it was quite insightful to me to read an analysis into the type of person I am. It's accuracy is quite surprising to me, and it really helped me to understand some things about myself .

Sigh I wish the percentage of INTJ's in the world wasn't so low though - 1-3% depending where you read.

ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.

Spoiler - Click me!
Introverted (I) 71.43% Extroverted (E) 28.57%

Sensing (S) 51.28% Intuitive :wtf: 48.72%

Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%

Perceiving (P) 52.78% Judging (J) 47.22%

[Close]

"likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others"

Wtf is the 'darkside', je suis un ange, svp!!

Has anyone felt that their result described their personality in an almost eerie way? I know that these tests are only guidelines for personality because you obviously can't categorize millions of people into 16 different types... but the Myers-Briggs test kind of opened my eyes. I often have trouble understanding why other people don't think like me, and once I read several descriptions of INFJ personalities, I think I understood myself a little bit better! It also makes sense that this is the most rare type out of the 16, 2-4%, I think. Just wondering if others felt like they gained some self understanding from this! :wtf:

I think the biggest thing with it for me was to realise that some of my behaviour is actually not only mine, but that there are others out there who have it that way too. That's definitely the most important thing for me! Sometimes feels very lonely otherwise.

But considering that there is supposedly such a low percentage of INTJs worldwide, isn't it kind of funny that at least three people in this thread are that?

What Sandwich said is completely true!!! I mean, I've seen a couple threads on here where people are worried about their IB grades because everyone on here is predicted so high, but I think most of us that are active on these types of sites and are interested in knowing more about our personalities have a certain type of personality or attitude toward school at least. Heck, I think it's cool being an INFJ, and I obviously like online communities, so I would definitely understand why other people that think like me would be doing the same things. :wtf: