Personality Tests

meh

INTJs are the sorts of people who would A) do the IB B) take personality tests? xP

I think that's true! There's a active community of INTJ people over at http://intjforum.com/ , which is substantially larger than all other forum types I've run across. So I would definitely say that INTJs are more likely than other types to take personality tests and seek out other like-minded people.

I'm not exactly sure if it's true or not, but I've read several sites that suggest 37% of INTJs have IQs in the top 2% of the general population. So I think you'd have a higher chance of finding INTJs in IB than regular programs.

I kind of like the MB tests. I got INTJ last times I've done it.

I don't really agree with most psychometric tests I've come across, because I feel that they are neither very accurate, nor meaningful, encouraging, or helping. I've tried some "mock" IQ-tests for different high-IQ societies (different national mensas.) Goes pretty well, I'd say. I still think that it is quite ridiculous. I found ambiguities in the form of more than one correct answer, and brought that up with some hardcore IQ-believer. He was rather rude and refused to even listen to my reasoning. The test only (supposedly) measures logical thinking, and ambition and social skills are perhaps more important in almost all cases anyway. Mathematics is supposedly a good subject for those who are oriented towards logical thinking, but I've read a blog by a person who appearently has very high IQ, but still claims to have failed basic algebra several times. Possibly he claimed that this was because of the IQ, don't really remember.

In comparison, I really like the MB in that it shows some sort of approximations of different traits, e g "60% extroverted and 40% introverted." The categories serve to explain common traits of WXYZs, and perhaps come with some general advice e g "if you are an INTJ, it might be understandable that you like to sit alone and work with integral calculus rather than being in class debates. This is quite normal..." Conclusion: Quite a well-formed, varied, and supporting test :D

• 2 weeks later...

INTJs are the sorts of people who would A) do the IB B) take personality tests? xP

That is so true! I am an INTJ and I love personality tests =)

Oh by the way, has anyone taken the enneagram personality test? It is pretty interesting too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm an INTJ.

Introverted

Intuition

Thinking

Judging

I think that that is more accurate than I had expected it to be. I think that these personality tests are an accurate reflection of who we think we are, but the creation and discovery of the self is a life-long process. It's also hard sometimes to honestly distinguish between who we are and the qualities we wished we had (ie. completing work early as opposed to finishing it last minute).

What I don't like, however, are the job tests that they make us do in Careers. With personality tests we already have an idea of what the outcome should/will be like, but with jobs it's putting the personality to a service. Even though the job generator might have suggested fruit seller as a viable job, that's not exactly what I envision myself doing, so those I see more as a waste of time than personality tests.

Introverted (I) 68% Extroverted (E) 32%

Sensing (S) 55.56% Intuitive :P 44.44%

Thinking (T) 66.67% Feeling (F) 33.33%

Judging (J) 54.29% Perceiving (P) 45.71%

Your type is: ISTJ

It's quite accurate but not completely. I guess I'm near the middle between sensing/intuitive, and judging/perceiving.

I am an INTJ also! And it is quite scary how accurate the type description came out to be.. but it was very enlightening, I feel like I know myself better now; especially in regard to relationships, I checked the descriptions of types that I should best get along with and I definitely have close friends that match them :D

I remember we did a similar quiz in psych also this year, but we did it as a class so the end type wasn't really valid haha :)

..and yes, I do like doing personality tests.

Oh by the way, has anyone taken the enneagram personality test? It is pretty interesting too.

http://similarminds.com/test.html

I just took this test recently and came up with type 5 with type 4 in close second. When I read some enneagram descriptions I was also quite surprised by how accurate it is. I think I prefer the Myers/Briggs test though.

• 9 months later...

This is seriously, seriously full of awesome.

Introverted (I) 56.25% Extroverted (E) 43.75%

Intuitive :) 65.71% Sensing (S) 34.29%

Thinking (T) 62.96% Feeling (F) 37.04%

Perceiving (P) 53.33% Judging (J) 46.67%

Your type is: INTP

And the essay someone put at http://www.intpcentral.com/?mode=content&action=profile was pretty accurate too (got my listening tastes down! Ow! )

Thanks for posting this up OP!

I took the test linked and got: ISTJ

Introverted (I) 86.21% Extroverted (E) 13.79%

Sensing (S) 62.5% Intuitive :) 37.5%

Thinking (T) 81.82% Feeling (F) 18.18%

Judging (J) 65.71% Perceiving (P) 34.29%

I found this quite strange 'cause I'd done this test before - but on a different website, I think - and got INTJ, which I think is more accurate for me. Still, it's only a one-letter difference; and I am definitely more introverted, more thinky, and more judgey :)

I just read the Wikipedia descriptions of ISTJs and INTJs and I conclude I am nothing like an ISTJ, so therefore I must be INTJ :) Whee Mastermind pmsl.