Advice on writing the EE?

Cami

I've decided to write my EE in English B and I have had a quite hard time to come up with a subject.

I thought about writing how and why english is used in many foreign-language commercials/advertisements (eg. Japan and big parts of the rest of Asia); but I had trouble finding sources so I just skipped that topic).

Therefore I hope that you could help me formulate (find) a suitable question.

Spoiler - Click me!
Just recently I thought I'd write about Starbucks (eg. compare its expansion to Mc Donalds expansion (in the 50s/60s)).

It's just that I don't know exacly what to write about.

[Close]

Edited by Cami

I see a lot of papers trying to write about starbucks. here are things to note:

1. you should have some economy outlook to do this, besides what u know of history. Starbucks was started, and against the wishes of the economist and their advice, the brand opened stores everywhere they could find. This was a, money coming in so lets give licenses type of deal. But of course, all things fall back to their normal state, and due to such high density in small areas, the brand was finally called saturated in certain areas. Starbucks is more of a microeconomy type of deal, and the subject took many different arguments in the course I took.

It is not suitable for history because it is fairly recent, or the boom is at least, making it quiet difficult to analyze due to close proximity of the present.

this is like writing a paper on pokemon. Sure there are books out there for a certain audience to read, but you wont find it a major discussion under historians. Even some economist avoid it because the terms and theories in economy dont apply to the topic, or when previously used to predict saturation points, didnt yield so because of high demand.

I would not write about the topic period. There are so many other things to research and write about, from a newly formed perspective.

• Like 1

Thanks, I was afraid of that :)

Then I'm back to square one again.

Would this be a topic good enough for English B then?

Writing how and why english is used in many foreign-langugage commercials/advertisements (eg. Japan and big parts of the rest of Asia).

The only problem I have there is finding enough sources.

Edit:

I have now found a few sources about this question.

Thank you all for your help :)

Edited by Cami

that is WAY to big of a topic.

I would do something like:

"How is the English language used in commercials trying to increase demand through the use of the pop culture in Serbia"

It has to be that specific, and then filled with details.

EE formula = specific + meticulous