Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

When my EE draft was due, we flew back from our holiday in Cyprus, got home at 10pm, and I stayed up until 7am writing my rough draft. My mother refused to let me stay home from school and sleep, so at 7:10am I was walking out the front door to go to English class.

• Like 4

I never have :) Closest I got was when I had to finish all of my CAS reflections... I woke up asleep on my unfinished CAS folder the following morning - although I don't remember any of it, judging by how little I'd finished, I don't think I made it past 3AM! :) Had to skip lessons to finish that one.

I would've if I could've, as the necessity was there, but... sleep is too precious to me, apparently :D

EDIT: I think deissi means that it's kinda standard IB behaviour P:

Edited by Sandwich
  • Like 1

I didn't sleep more than 4-5 hours a day either, now I do coz I have exams and my exam schedule is better than my school one. But I didn't sleep that much because I was always online, using the Internet. Don't copy me. My 2nd WL was handed in 3 months after everyone else's in my class, and my work was always late. But my English teacher understands that that's just how I am :D I'm always late to school too.

• Like 2

An all nighter just before an exam does not sound appealing at all...

The exam is in the afternoon to be fair. I'm thinking i'm gonna stay awake til 3 myself, still got to a lot of the syllabus to cover... :D

I think it's sorta sad that the only time I HAVE pulled an all-nighter is once for a school project. lol, most people (or at least all my friends) have all-nighters during sleepovers, never for schoolwork :D

There have been many nights I've gone to bed at 3 AM though. Those days can be rough when they pile up together =[

An all nighter just before an exam does not sound appealing at all...

It can be deadly, but biologically speaking it should work especially for morning exams!

Your body releases a chemical in the morning as a mechanism to no sleep, in order to keep you awake.

Ever stay awake the whole night and then you have a crap load of energy the next day? this is why :D

I dunno. It's definitely a risk. I was contemplating this before my AP Spanish. Thankfully I didn't. Nothing more to be learned at that point.

It can be deadly, but biologically speaking it should work especially for morning exams!

Your body releases a chemical in the morning as a mechanism to no sleep, in order to keep you awake.

Ever stay awake the whole night and then you have a crap load of energy the next day? this is why :)

I think the adrenaline rush before the exam would wake us up anyway. :D:)

Hmm... my body should release this chemical on demand.