Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

• 3 weeks later...

haha, funny you asked because I definately think I'm about to pull one tonight :P

I have pulled 2 all nighters so far since being in IB. The last one that I pulled, was the first week of November I think. I waited until the day before an essay was due to write 2 drafts, edit them, and type it. (it was just a comparative essay of a book and a movie so i already had in mind of what to write). and then I also had a take home test for History of the Americas that I really should have spent more time on to get a 100 on. (but I got an 86, so it was all good). Plus I had test corrections too. Ahh! crazy stuff.

So tonight I have to do the Interpretation of Data for my Math IA that I haven't started, a TOK project (but that's due Thursday), and read some more of this boring book for History of the Americas. (I'm only on page 64 and need to be by 271 by Friday :/

ohhh, one more thing, I need to get a french article for my oral presentation in class on Friday (but gotta get it a little earlier this time because on my last French oral I got a 75 because I waited until the day before to print the article and BSed what to say on it so and didn't really speak well on it, plus forgot a conjugate a few work in my presentation).

that's all for now cause I might just keep rambling while currently procrastinating on the work i should be doing now :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hahahahahaha.... Well seeing as this is my 2nd one... this week...

For me there is the 1st all nighter issue: Giddy and laughing all day... often accompanied by falling down and saying stuuupid ****

then the 2nd all nighter within the same week issue: Dead. Totally dead.

Manage your time. I have a friend who managed to almost never have to stay up past 12, exercised every day, pretty much everyone liked him, and I think he got a 30 or more on the exams overall.... I did always have a suspicion he was magical though.

I have several times and it's not a good experience. You may or not feel sleepy during your all nighter. But you'll definitely feel the aftermath next night you try to sleep. In fact I might have to do one tonight. Damn you Chem IA. And it's not exactly my fault, I had to go to ROTC boot camp for a week and the teacher didn't give any of me (and the guys who went with me) any kind of time compensation whatsoever. >: (

Ah, all nighters are such a natural thing in IB.

So is coffee and lots of sugar. :eek:

I have actually stayed up for more than three days just trying to finish my essays due to the really close deadlines.

Ah, happy day. :sarcasm:

Wow same here! I had to turn in my extended essay and two English essays yesterday by 10:14, and I barely made it. I had stayed up for three nights prior to coming to school for the first time that day since I couldn't have finished all of my work without missing school. But now all my teachers are threatening me with terrible grades. Coffee didn't help me as much as I thought it would have though. Instead, I was drinking lots of water and trying to mentally block thoughts of exhaustion and failure in my head and thankfully, it all worked out!

Ah, all nighters are such a natural thing in IB.

So is coffee and lots of sugar. :eek:

I have actually stayed up for more than three days just trying to finish my essays due to the really close deadlines.

Ah, happy day. :sarcasm:

Wow same here! I had to turn in my extended essay and two English essays yesterday by 10:14, and I barely made it. I had stayed up for three nights prior to coming to school for the first time that day since I couldn't have finished all of my work without missing school. But now all my teachers are threatening me with terrible grades. Coffee didn't help me as much as I thought it would have though. Instead, I was drinking lots of water and trying to mentally block thoughts of exhaustion and failure in my head and thankfully, it all worked out!

OMG. That sucks. It was the same for me but I had to give in my ToK essay and study for a few tests the next day. I was on coffee like an addict. It sucked! Luckily I had finished my extended essay way earlier. Phew!

those who have never pulled an all-nighter, I am very jealous of! you guys are either really smart people, or uncaring about what grades you get in ib.

I've had to stay up at least 4 times without sleeping at all. :/ stupid ib. lets team up and sue them.

:lol: Haha, I wish it were that easy. Oh, the people that haven't done all-nighters are blessed in my opinion. God loves them more. :P

Well, I learned in IB psych class,

that getting such a low amount of sleep all the time can actually HURT your brain! Trust me! I know! My test taking abilities have been hindered by my 5-6 hours a night sleep! Yeah, and it seriously messes up your memory! AND I learned that if you have a exam the following day for a class, staying up all night and studying isn't exactly effective! Meaning that instead of losing sleep to study, it is better to get the good night's sleep than stay up all night to study!

BUT, I honestly have not pulled an all-nighter, but I did come close! In December, the night before my psych IA was due, I only got TWO hours of sleep! I spent like 7 hours straight on the computer making the final adjustments and revising and making sure I met the word count. I fell asleep at about 2:30 am-ish, and I had to wake up at 4:30 am to get ready for school! Mhmm, I am not kidding! I have to catch the bus at lke 5:30 am. I have a ONE AND A HALF HOUR bus ride to school! We get to school at SEVEN! And you'd think that there would be special transportation for the IB kids, right? :sadnod: Nope. :no:<_<-_-

Edited by itsybitsyXD