Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

I haven't had to pull an all-nighter yet - I'm usually okay enough with my time that I'll get things done beforehand, so I don't have to resort to such a thing. That said, the latest I've probably slept was probably around 2am, either from not being able to sleep or studying for a biology test. :P

I just don't believe that kind of thing, especially before exams, are really that beneficial for your mind or your body.

• 3 weeks later...

The only time I have ever pulled an all-nighter was the last day of school...and it was a Thursday. I don't think it even counts as an all-nighter since I only stayed up until 2:00 AM. =\ Sleep is precious for me for as well. The minumum number of hours of sleep I have in on any day, school or weekend, is 8 hours. :)

But that was in 10th grade, and there honestly wasn't as much workload. I'm freaked about the possibility of all-nighters in IB. I hate working at night =/

I usually work from 8-11 and continue if I am not finished.

That takes me till 0 on most work heavy days but I am usually able to cope with few very long nights and always at least 7 hours of sleep. I need 8 I feel, so I'd like more, but then again, I procrastinate from when I come home till 8- might have to change that.

I have had close to all nighters from a geography sl project where we had to write and format a national geographic article and my partner was as unproductive as could be. That was 4 am. Never had much later work.

Sometimes science labs can get me staying till 1-2 in the morning though.

But I am proud to say I have never had to pull an all nighter. When I see one coming I usually work till 1am every day so I always get in at least some sleep- I think that is a good tip for the rest too.

• 4 weeks later...

ahahaha who hasn't?!

i pull all nighters all the time!

especially in exam block - who needs sleep when you have red bull <3

yes, i know its horrible for your body and it screws up your body clock but hey, i want to pass my exams 'kay?

hmmm i think the longest i've been awake for is 28 hrs....yer that was pretty screwed up - needed to finish ee or else i would get a sat. detention (in the middle of holidays)

it's not an uncommon practice but all nighters can be avoided provided that you don't procrastinate for hrs on end and that your an organised and diligent student - which i obviously am NOT

I did!!!!

I know some posts above I say I haven't, but I finally did!

It wasn't that bad at all!

In the morning I didn't want to go to bed as I wasn't feeling tired, but I was struggling to sleep until 11 a.m.

Now the reason why I didn't sleep all night is because I wanted to create a complete Web Page using just Flash.

It was really hard as I hadn't worked with flash before. But it was so worth it!

I love this web page more than any other that I had used HTML,CSS and Java!

greek HL

biology HL

ITGS HL

math studies

french SL

english SL..

i have my biology exam tomorrow gonna pull an all nighter for sure tonight:p

You have greek at higher level?

Are you from Greece?

• 2 weeks later...

whats wrong with people? why would you bother doing work all night?? people get to stressed about work...just chill and it will be good, there plenty of time to do it. all nighters are for parties and going out, not work!

• Like 2

I've been pulling a lot of all-nighters and I thought I was doing okay, but after a while my grades seemed to be dropping even though I thought I was doing the same things and same studying techniques and all that. I'm worried that my lack of sleep is actually wreaking havoc on my memory and things like that without me knowing. I thought I'd make up for it during the summer, but I'm so used to having a non-existant sleeping schedule that I think I made it worse during the summer! :P

whats wrong with people? why would you bother doing work all night?? people get to stressed about work...just chill and it will be good, there plenty of time to do it. all nighters are for parties and going out, not work!

I find working at night better than in the morning, because there are less distractions at night! minus these never sleeping communities which I discovered in my final year od IB which have been my main procrastination tools.

Not yet (hopefully I won't have to either!). I had two IB classes last year and a few AP but the latest

I stayed up was about 9pm so I could wake up well at 6am to get ready for school at 7:30. (The sad thing is, I could only get about 4 or 5 hours of sleep though!)

Edited by CPMVGD

I got my schedule in the mail for the public bus (the school is one hour away). I have to wake up at 4:30 to go to a bus stop, and then continue on to 5:10 from the local school here to my school. All of my friends have made plans by only sleeping on the bus ride. That is 1-2 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon. So its like always being on nap time. I did it last year, and they are following this year. With the amount of homework finishing at 3 am sometimes, there is no reason to even go to bed till 4:30 and possibly miss the bus. We only do naps, and if needed, after the bus ride as well.

I pull all nighters even during summer when there is too muc hto finish with online classes + internships. Its just not enough time in the day.

I talked to a girl who'd pulled one the night before an anatomy exam (she's studying medicine), where she was supposed to name the nerves in the body. She said that she lost one point because she couldn't figure out whether it was the right or left leg she was shown, due to tiredness.

So it's probably better to sleep the night before an exam.