German A1 Assignments 1&2

Hi everyone,

I'm about to write the 2 required assignments for German A1 and I've got some difficulties in choosing the themes that I want to investigate.

Of course I'm well aware that you can't give me concrete ideas, but maybe you could help me in another way.

In the last term, we have read 3 different books (Der zerrissene April, Antigone(Anouil) and Chronik eines angekündigten Todes). Later on, we did also some discussion, but nothing in depth.

Now my question is the following: Would you recommend me (I'm average in German) to choose for the comparison in Assignment 1 a very big and important theme like what is the role of honour killing (which of course is much easier to do, because the books are about it) or a more specific theme?

Do those external IB correctors correct a major book theme more strictly because they know that there is a lot more information in some commentary books/web/our teacher's notes?

I appreciate your answers.

Thanks

Seaster