Graphing software

flsweetheart422

• 3 weeks later...

I need a 3D graphing software for my EE. I use Autograph but it doesn't have the features that I need. the graphs are also not as good as I need it to be. I need to plot transparent graphs, need to show some intersection whatever, and Autograph doesn't have most of the necessary features I need.

does anyone know any 3D graphing software other than Autograph? I know of some others but they're not very good (actually they're worse than Autograph) so if anyone knows please share some information with me... perhaps some software from Wolfram? although I don't know which one. thanks in advance.

I've used Blender before. But it requires some basic coding...but its very easy to learn. Its open source and has a massive user base. I had used it for my ITGS project but you can apply this as well.

You can get it from:http://www.blender.o...ad/get-blender/

There are plenty of 3D graphing programs found within the Blender support base.

Nowdays I use Adobe Photoshop CS5 which as 3D capabilities unlike the old Photoshop versions. But its pretty darn expensive. HOWEVER PHOTOSHOP WILL NOT MAKE THE 3d Graphs. You will have to manually graph them. But the reason I use Photoshop is because its REALLY easy to use.

[EDIT] http://www.blender.org/community/user-community/ is the place you can find whatever help you need in graphing etc.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I used Autograph for mine... I did 'Infinite Summations' back in May and it was really helpful (although tbh I can't remember much about it, I tend to blot out most of the traumatic memories of coursework!!) You can get a free 30 day trial (http://www.autograph...oad/index.shtml). My teacher always said that to get full marks for use of technology you should use a few different ones, I used autograph, my GDC (screen dumps, you should download the computer software for your GDC if you don't already have it, it's so much easier!) and Excel. Hope that helps!!

Edited by gg14
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

WOLFRAM MATHEMATICA

I think this program may be one of the best programs out there in the market.

The program can do a lot more than graphing, but is really built for it.

It does cost some money to buy it but after that the processing time is very fast as much of it processes over the company's server (provided you have wifi)

Here are some pictures of the very nice graphs it can draw:

post-110216-0-81057200-1357417720_thumb.

post-110216-0-73443900-1357417722.jpg

post-110216-0-12139600-1357417724.jpg

post-110216-0-51968400-1357417726.jpg