Stripped?

~Lc~

ok if anyone's been catching up on the news, you'd know of the latest scandal the media's feeding off- Marion Jones's drug confession.

So do you think it's the right thing to take the medals away from her and all the other contestants because they weren't won "fairly"

I think they should take it away from her, but I don't see any reason why the others should give their's back when they've done nothing. For one thing, I think they should be given to their rightful owners, like the person in 2nd place should get promoted to 1st and so on...

I was hoping for something more exciting considering the word 'stripped' :P .

Yeah, they should take all her medals away, because they weren't won fairly. Other athletes who 'should've' worked much more harder than her, deserve those wins than a 'cheater' who just won it because of drugs.

• 2 weeks later...

this came up as a current events topic, the other day, i mean if it took them that long to detect her, what are the chances that the runners from other countries wasn't using the same invisible showing steroids. As ignorant as this sounds, wouldn't you rather have someone from the US win as opposed to someone from another country. sorry a bit bias, but thats what he said. I still think that it is unfair to the other runners. And theres no way to replicate the same situation and redo the placing, it must really suck to be the runner that came in second though. so close to that first. but it doesn't matter cause after all this, she will still have her money :lol: