Schools offering N09 exams outside the southern hemisphere?

agirl

Basically, I already have a hunch i'll be quite dissatisfied come July :P ...I know it's possible for candidates to retake in November, but my school only offers May exams/retakes, so you are personally responsible for finding a school that offers November exams, and organizing it yourself with that school...and obviously financing it (ouchhhh, but hey it's my own fault if i have to re-do in the first place...w/e)

So, if you know of any schools offering November 2009 retakes please post!...preferably OUTSIDE OF THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE, conversely in Europe or the Americas...

Also, are there any US schools that offer November 2009 retakes (I know this would be highly unusual, but perhaps there are a couple?...or one??)

THANKS!

I'm sure you could find this on the IBO site? It's not too useful giving you a list of schools without knowing exactly where you are located. Are you willing to travel to the destination?

i.e. for my school, it says

Students at this school usually take IB exams in May.

I'm sure you could find this on the IBO site? It's not too useful giving you a list of schools without knowing exactly where you are located. Are you willing to travel to the destination?

i.e. for my school, it says

The website only provides the basic school info including the QUOTE

Students at this school usually take IB exams in May.

no specific list of particular schools offering Nov or May exams...at least i looked and couldn't find one...and i don't really have the time or energy :P to look up every school.

The reason i posted is because i know several schools offer November exams some years, even though they 'usually' offer exams in May (ie. if there is a syllabus change--like the 2008 history switch...) which makes November exams more pertinent (i heard M09 students can take old syllabus tests in N09...) and was wondering if any other students already know of schools offering N09 exams.

Well currently i'm in Sweden, but will soon be moving back to the US...and considering that most US schools don't do November exams (at least i have yet to hear of one...and if you know of any do tell :( ) i am kind of screwed. I'm curious to know wherever the November exams are offered so i can try to find the most economical way of doing this (i mean retake expenses...and travel)...in the event that i do want to retake...because i will most likely HAVE to travel to the destination.

So, again if you know of ANY N09 exam offering schools...please share...

My school offers retakes in November, although this year they screwed up the registration and no one ended up doing them then. Plus, my school is in the Middle East, so unless you happen to be coming here then (unlikely?), it's probably not possible. But for these May exams we had 4 outsiders taking retakes, so anyone else who thinks they want to do them in November, welcome :P

I'm pretty sure you can do it in Jönköping, Sweden. That's what I'm gonna do. :( You miiight be able to do it at Borgarskolan, Malmö as well. I know you can do your SATs there, and I wouldn't be surprised if you can sit the N09 examinations there, but I don't know for sure.

I go to Borgarskolan, and... I don't think we have November exams? I didn't notice anything any of the years I've been here, and there are about ten people who graduated last year who have been taking one or two subjects with us now in May. So it doesn't seem like MB+Nov=love. (Which is unfortunate! I've been thinking about this as well.)

I go to Borgarskolan, and... I don't think we have November exams? I didn't notice anything any of the years I've been here, and there are about ten people who graduated last year who have been taking one or two subjects with us now in May. So it doesn't seem like MB+Nov=love. (Which is unfortunate! I've been thinking about this as well.)

Oh, okay, my bad. :( Fortunately, it's not that far to Jönköping. (At least not from most of the schools offering the IB programme)

thanks for the responses...it looks like i'll have to travel back to sweden, and take them at kungsbaka or jönköping.

Apparently st. andrews is in Bangkok, and i think that may be a stretch...

But does anyone know of any UK schools that do november retakes, i think there are some since people re-sit for better UCAS applications, i just can't find any so far.

Also, with the swine flu and everything do you think they would be offering november retakes in mexico?

I don't think the person is talking about the University of St Andrews, since they're wanting to do IB retakes. But there are so many schools called St Andrews, no one knows which one you're talking about. There's a St Andrews preparatory school in Kenya. There's one in Sydney. And probably hundreds more.

There's no reason why Mexican schools shouldn't be offering retakes in November, since even if the swine flu epidemic does last that long, they can't keep schools closed for the next 5 months.

I really do not know how some of you pass your IB exams. Maybe the lot of you need a nice pair of strong reading glasses, as well as classes to learn the meaning, as well as the identifications of prepositions.

• 2 months later...

My school offers retakes in November, although this year they screwed up the registration and no one ended up doing them then. Plus, my school is in the Middle East, so unless you happen to be coming here then (unlikely?), it's probably not possible. But for these May exams we had 4 outsiders taking retakes, so anyone else who thinks they want to do them in November, welcome :P

What is the name of your school?

I'm pretty sure you can do it in Jönköping, Sweden. That's what I'm gonna do. :P You miiight be able to do it at Borgarskolan, Malmö as well. I know you can do your SATs there, and I wouldn't be surprised if you can sit the N09 examinations there, but I don't know for sure.

I can't find this school on the IBO website. Do you know the exact name of the school or how it appears on the IBO website? Perhaps you could send me a link. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Top non-international schools in Singapore are starting on the IB. By starting I of course mean absolutely annihilating the competition with an average of around 40-41 and increasing every year I believe. They do November exams. Anglo-Chinese School Independent, St. Joseph's International and I believe Raffles Institution are proceeding to do the same they did to the A levels.

Edited by A_Dying_Wren