New syllabus for people taking exam in 2011

Bishup

I'm just wondering whether the syllabus is changing next year in any subject? If you know anything please reinform. It will be greatly appreciated. I heard rumours about the History syllabus changing? Please confirm and also are A1 languages and Maths and Sciences remaining the same?

The syllabus for each Subject is changed roughly on a 7 year cycle.

The following syllabi will be different and in effect for examinations as of May 2010.

CAS

History HL/SL

Environmental Systems and Societies

Film Studies

Here is a list of the subject guides that were released and were placed into effect during the May 2009 Exams.

EE

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

Philosophy

Visual Arts

I'm pretty sure the Language A2, B, and Ab initio syllabui are due to change as well, but I haven't found the new subject guides online anywhere. Then again.. the A1 syllabus hasn't been updated since 2001, so who knows.

From 2010 examinations onwards instead of hours you need to have activities, at least one long term, that cover all CAS criteria.

However, at least my school isn't somehow doing this yet - I'm graduating M11 and we still have the hour system...

Edited by Cynthia

• 1 month later...