help....

gycgycgyc

By correct formal proof they mean (in my experience of doing mine, anyway!) that you should show, algebraically if necessary, how you came from your start point to your end point. You have to formally prove that the whole thing holds together :P

For instance in the matrices one, you have to show algebraically that your final matrix equation = the original matrices, manipulated as described, using algebra.

well... it is a bit better now... i really appreciate your help...

However, as this criterion is higher than: 4:correctly states the scope or limitations of the general statement.

Maybe there is something more severe(...!!!OMG...) I've just looked up something from Internet. Does it mean for general statement, logical signs must be included.(That is really insane...!)

well... it is a bit better now... i really appreciate your help...

However, as this criterion is higher than: 4:correctly states the scope or limitations of the general statement.

Maybe there is something more severe(...!!!OMG...) I've just looked up something from Internet. Does it mean for general statement, logical signs must be included.(That is really insane...!)

Nope! It's more or less for you to discuss which situations your general formula could apply to. For instance, if you put in negative numbers, would it still work? If you're doing a reality-based portfolio, is it possible to have negative numbers? What about with fractions? Pi? etc. Scope and limitation translates best as: what your general statement covers and will work for, and what it won't work for at all :P

Edit: for example if it didn't work for negative numbers, but did work for 0, you might put that X > 0

Edited by Sandwich
  • Like 1