EE titles concerning religion

gohawks

I haven't seen the movie and I know just about nothing about your topic. All I know is that for you to have a chance of writing 4000 words and have it not all be total bs, you'll need to narrow your topic and actually prove something. So think about a topic which is more specific. Think along the lines of To what extent did event X influence Y to Result X. You need to find a result of the corruption.

k, how about:

On what legal terms is a suspected priest allowed to transfer to another perish? (priest suspected of sexual abuse)

or: Should parents be allowed access to thorough background info/history of Catholic school officials & staff?

On what legal terms is a suspected priest allowed to transfer to another perish? (priest suspected of sexual abuse)

Parish you mean? And how is this remotely historical?

or: Should parents be allowed access to thorough background info/history of Catholic school officials & staff?

Again, where's the history?

Do not, I repeat, do not base your history EE on a movie. You will go off tangent, ramble about the movie when you are supposed to write about historical events. I don't care if the movie was based on a historical event. It is not a legitimate source, unless it is a documentary.

EDIT: Ok I just realised you hadn't said that you were categorising it under history. But other than that I can't begin to think which subject it would be under. Unless World Religion, which I know nothing about.

If you want to submit your EE under World Religions, you can't do so with your first question on the legality of a priest transferring to another parish, as the EE guide for WR says this about topic choice: "Extended essays must address the beliefs, values and practices of religious traditions and show a genuine understanding of the religion from the standpoint of its adherents. Essays that are only indirectly related to religion—for example, legal issues relating to school prayer, the wearing of religious symbols, or the scientific validity of “creation science”—are not acceptable."

Your second question is also not appropriate as it doens't examine religious attitudes towards religious practices/symbols, but also concerns legal matters of religion."Essays should not be purely descriptive but should shed some light on why people believe and/or act as they do, or on the relationship between the religion and the culture of which it is a part." You need to actuallt focus on the religion itself, and not the laws of the country that those people are living in.

"It should be made clear to students who have not followed a course in world religions, and who are, therefore, unfamiliar with the discipline and its methodology, that an essay in world religions is not an opportunity to write an essay of a confessional, evangelizing, or apologetic nature. This means that students should avoid topics that involve making judgments about the truth-value of religious beliefs."

"The most successful essays generally focus on the analysis or interpretation of a particular religious text, image, ritual or practice, or examine the significance of a well-defined concept in a particular religious tradition."

If you want more information on the criteria of World Religion essays, and want to see examples of research questions, read the EE guide online here http://tedibextendedessay.wikispaces.com/file/view/Extended+essay+2009.pdf . Scroll to the very end, as WR is the last subject alphabetically. The IB also recommends that all students writing a WR EE that do not study the subject in school read through the syllabus for the subject, as those that don't usually end up writing EE's that offend the examiner with their biased nature/don't approach the topic form the right angle.

• Like 1