Business Management

hi everyone

im new here, so i dunno if this is done right

im taking standard level business management next year, and was wondering what the course was like

difficult?

easy?

a lot of people in the grade about me say its easy

but then a lot say its tough

so, mixed opinions

can anyone here taking it tell me a little something about it?

thanks

michelle

Hey Michelle,

I take Business and Management and i've almost completed the first year of it. To me, the course is quite easy. Of course there is a lot of material to study but your syllabus will be very useful for that. You're gonna have to do some finance and accounting, its basically making an account of the business' perormance and financial issues etc.. most of my classmates found this very hard but it was my favorite topic.. then there is starting up a business, types of businesses, etc.. If you are able to study then this course will be doable! Im aiming for a 7!

p.s. I've attached the syllabus so you know what you have to do

p.p.s. oh yeah and you have to do a b!!ch!ss internal assessment, but youll learn about that in class :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm doing Business & Management Anticipated SL, and there is a feeling throughout the people in my grade that don't do it that it's relatively easy. (The others do Psychology SL, so I guess they would have such a reason to) I think it's not too bad, but it's a lot like English. It's not enough just to rote learn all the information; you have to be able to apply it to any situation the IB throws at you, and a lot of my classmates get thrown off there.

Sandra's right about the IA, it's a real pain, so if you do decide to do B&M, get that done as soon as you can. :P

Hope that helps!

~Yen-Rong

• 1 month later...

I've also heard that Business and Management is a relatively easy course when it comes to the IB. If you have taken a pre-IB course (IGCSE, GCSE or O-levels) in Business, then the transition should be quite smooth. I've also heard that IA's can be quite irritating so you might want to get that out of the way as soon as possible. However, this doesn't mean that it doesn't require any work. All IB subjects require the students to work hard throughout the 2 years to get a 7 (well... unless you're some kind of genius...) If you want to take a look at some of the notes, here is a website for SL notes on IB Business and Management. This is so you can get an idea of what you will be studying. Here is the address:

http://www.khairul-syahir.com/?p=408

Hope this was helpful! :P

The thing with business:

The theory is so easy you could cry. You'll never come across anything that will really confuse you or seem really out of place it all kind of just makes sense. However (and I've talked to my business teachers about this) a business exam is very difficult to write, during my school's internal exams people were getting everything from 2's to 7's. Your exam technique and how to answer a question are very, VERY important.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I take Business and Management and i've almost completed the second year of it. To me, the course is quite easy. Of course there is a lot of material to study but your syllabus will be very useful for that. good luck..!!

• 2 months later...

Business and Management isn't hard in terms of actual syllabus content, but it's very long! As long as you know how to answer IB questions, you revise what you've done in class consistently and do your IA on time, you should be fine! I guess it also depends on how much you enjoy it.

Good luck! IB is one heck of a ride.

• 1 month later...

From what I can see so far, BAM is full of content, but in the tests/exams all the questions are pretty much based on logic, so if you know your stuff reasonably well, you should do fine. It is very easy, well for me anyway. Our mid-year exam was extremely easy, but very few people topped 90%, and the mean was 66%, which was quite awkward....