Group 4 help!

hrdk

Rite, so im new out here, so help me out guys. Anyways our central theme for the group 4 project this year is "Chocolates", so could anyone gimme a list of experiments tht could be conducted in physics and chem!! i looked a lot but in vain! thnks guys!

While I would love to help someone in need, since I was in the same position two years ago. This is not the way to ask us for help. We are not going to provide you with a list of experiments that can be performed so that you can take it back and claim it as your own work. Secondly, you are not allowed to type in text speak with words like 'rite' or 'thnks'

You could test for the specific heat capacity of chocolate.

Google search: http://www.practicalchemistry.org/experiments/chocolate-and-structure,122,EX.html

http://www.intute.ac.uk/sciences/hottopics/featured_24.html

I am really sorry. I didnt about that. Thnaks a lot. Is it possible to somehow measure the viscosity of chocolate?

You could check for melting point or something. But the actual experiment doesn't matter, so do whatever you feel like.

Do something easy as already said :blink:

I was so stupid, while most kids were looking at 1 aspect of chemistry I tried to combine all different types. In the end I realized I actually did a project so large, it took me 5 days to write it and It actually summed up everyone else's research in my class. Its as if my classmates looked at boiling of chocolate, and I did viscosity + boiling + freezing + equilibrium constants (analogy).

So dont be stupid like me. Choose an elementary research, like you said a chemical property of chocolate, and carry it out without complexity. Make the board, if you are assigned one, very presentable (lots of pictures, few words, and plenty of talk). In the end I did fine, but it was a lot of work for nothing. Well for something, but still. My first 18 year-old Spring Break was spent on, water labs :D

I agree with biochem. I would use different types of chocolate though, i.e white chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate. If you test their melting points you'll have more background information to support your RQ. (taking into consideration the different composition of each chocolate)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...