Which university for Sociology / Anthropology?

D. C.

Hey, I'm entering the last year of IB this coming September, so university applications are coming up pretty soon.

I'm thinking of doing either Sociology or Anthropology at university in the UK, but I have absolutely no idea where I should apply to.

I'm not aiming for Oxbridge, and I guess I'm gonna get a final IB score of somewhere around 32 - 36...

Help please! :blink:

How about Goldsmiths? It's famous for art and humanities. Not sure how many points they'd want though. I visited Goldsmiths last October...it's got a nice, buzzing atmosphere. Not the kind of area I'd want to live in (I don't want to end up in London) but still worth considering.

btw www.push.co.uk is a fantastic website if you need help with deciding on universities. It provides profiles on most (if not all) UK universities with biased opinions (exactly what you need when all university websites tell you how wonderful they are!) It gives you useful facts and figures, as well as what subjects and courses the university is best for. Check it out if you're so inclined. :blink: I've found Push to be a valuable resource when choosing universities!