Help desk - Mini-questions about IBSurvival features

Tiara Angel

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

yes. see the 0 with a + or - next to it? if your post is repped there is a 1 or 2 or whatever but it should be green. if negged it should be red.

Yep I get that but I'm referring to accessing your repped posts when you're not sure of what post you were repped for. I'm asking because I looked at my profile and noticed that someone repped me for something but I have no idea what for, and I don't want to go through every single one of my posts to find out.

• 9 months later...

I've never used an online forum or social networking site or anything like IBS, so I have a few questions:

What is the purpose of the "comments" at the bottom of people's walls? How do these comments differ from comments on people's statuses?

And how do you "friend" people?

Thank you. :)

I've never used an online forum or social networking site or anything like IBS, so I have a few questions:

What is the purpose of the "comments" at the bottom of people's walls? How do these comments differ from comments on people's statuses?

Welcome to IBSurvival, then! :)

The comments are just for communicating. If you want to talk to someone, you can either send them a personal message (private) or write a comment on their profile (public).

Under the photo on a profile/wall, there is an 'Add friend'-button. It looks like a tiny person with a plus-sign on the shoulder.

• Like 1

Welcome to IBSurvival, then! :)

The comments are just for communicating. If you want to talk to someone, you can either send them a personal message (private) or write a comment on their profile (public).

Under the photo on a profile/wall, there is an 'Add friend'-button. It looks like a tiny person with a plus-sign on the shoulder.

Ah! Thank you.

Wow, OK... So how would specify to make a message private rather than public when you send one? And when you post a reply to a message (of either kind), which profile page do you post it on, your own or the other person's? Do replies to personal messages remain private, or can you decide whether to make it private or public? I hope these questions make sense...

Ah! Thank you.

Wow, OK... So how would specify to make a message private rather than public when you send one? And when you post a reply to a message (of either kind), which profile page do you post it on, your own or the other person's? Do replies to personal messages remain private, or can you decide whether to make it private or public? I hope these questions make sense...

You're welcome.

Next to the 'Add friend'-button there is a 'Send Message'-button.

When you receive a private message, there is a 'Reply'-button.

Any PM (including replies) can only be read by the person it's addressed to (and the Administrators, I think).

If you want to answer to a message someone has left on your profile, you generally write it on their profile page. That way, they get notified that you have written to them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As for the current time, how can you be sure its accurate if you live in a large country? Canada, for example spans more than one timezone, and as far as I see there isn't a TZ option. I'm not so sure what the time means at the bottom of the page. If you guys can get back to me, that'd be great.

As for the current time, how can you be sure its accurate if you live in a large country? Canada, for example spans more than one timezone, and as far as I see there isn't a TZ option. I'm not so sure what the time means at the bottom of the page. If you guys can get back to me, that'd be great.

http://www.ibsurvival.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

Click on this and you should have an option to change your time zone at the top of the page. The time on the bottom of the page that you probably see now is the GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) which is just the time at the Prime Meridian (the middle of the world's time zones). When you change your time zone it will tell you the local time.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just have a simple question... how do I change my password? I haven't figured out yet how to do it :c and I don't know if this is the right place to ask this sort of question.

thank you beforehand!

Okay on the top left corner is your username. Press that. A drop down list appears and from there select "My Settings". After you have selected it, you will be redirected to a new page and on the left you will see several tabs. The second one says "Email & Password". Press that. There you'll need to type your current and new password and you're done. :)