What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

I know it's the question we all dread second most in the world (the first being 'So, finished that Extended Essay yet?' :P ), but I thought I'd make a thread for us to compare and contrast our dreams for the future. Who knows, maybe somebody out there also wants to be a professional orthinologist, just like you!

So, for my part: I, like all girls my age, have always dreamed of being Supreme Ruler of the Universe. I'm told the University of Ballarat has an excellent course in Omnipotent Lordship, but I have to get 40 or up to qualify...

:D

Oh, you wanted a serious answer!

I want to study Production at VCA. I want to be involved in plays and film and television - I want to make it all happen. :D I don't even care if I end up carrying the basket of muffins around a film set, I just want to be involved in the process of turning words on a page into real life. That's my dream. And if it doesn't happen, then the Supreme Ruler of the Universe thing sounds good too. :D

Your turn.

• Like 3

I know it's the question we all dread second most in the world (the first being 'So, finished that Extended Essay yet?' :P ), but I thought I'd make a thread for us to compare and contrast our dreams for the future. Who knows, maybe somebody out there also wants to be a professional orthinologist, just like you!

So, for my part: I, like all girls my age, have always dreamed of being Supreme Ruler of the Universe. I'm told the University of Ballarat has an excellent course in Omnipotent Lordship, but I have to get 40 or up to qualify...

I want to study Production at VCA. I want to be involved in plays and film and television - I want to make it all happen. :D I don't even care if I end up carrying the basket of muffins around a film set, I just want to be involved in the process of turning words on a page into real life. That's my dream. And if it doesn't happen, then the Supreme Ruler of the Universe thing sounds good too. :)

Your turn.

oohh yaaaay! my favorite question ever :D

firstly: DOH! so close to the 40 points *reaches out hand*... though one day I will become the supreme ruler of the world... evil ruler that is :D me and captain scarlet from TSR have that all planned out already :D

secondly: the plan is to party away 2 years of communication and media at loughborough, get serious the last year to get my grades high enough to apply to a decent Uni for my masters... then slave away into the world of books and notes from then on.. you might think "from then on" refers to a year for my master, but it really is 5 for a masters and a PhD... if the plans goes through and I get some fool to fund me for my research (which ever major I decide to pursue at that time) then I should be getting my PhD when I'm 25 :D woohoo

see what I would have preferred to do was take English A1 HL, gotten a 5 in that, perhaps scraped a 6, and then taken world literature from the beginning till the end. But since my dad said it was not a "career" major.. I'm going to become a journalist and then work my way into the world of literature.. hopefully as a writer.

and she lived... well I dunno how she lived yet.. but she's still alive :)

the end :D

• Like 1

Well, I am not much of a planner type person. Por example I am yet to decide whether I am going on a gap year next year.

But, when I grow up I want to be perhaps a medical aid worker, surgeon or psycologist, that is if I get into Medicine (preferably at Melbourne Uni(I would be astounded if I got into Med at MelbUni) or Monash Uni). If I don't I might go to ANU and do a PhB or at MelbUni Science or Commerce, then become a rich and powerful businessman horribly depressed (it will happen no matter what I do). But really the rest of my life depends on whether I get into Med.

Well, I am not much of a planner type person. Por example I am yet to decide whether I am going on a gap year next year.

But, when I grow up I want to be perhaps a medical aid worker, surgeon or psycologist, that is if I get into Medicine (preferably at Melbourne Uni(I would be astounded if I got into Med at MelbUni) or Monash Uni). If I don't I might go to ANU and do a PhB or at MelbUni Science or Commerce, then become a rich and powerful businessman horribly depressed (it will happen no matter what I do). But really the rest of my life depends on whether I get into Med.

then i hope u get in med-school !! :D

as for me i am not a planner either, but am thinking of a career in engineering... thats about it ..

Guest savemefromib

I want to study Production at VCA. I want to be involved in plays and film and television - I want to make it all happen. :D I don't even care if I end up carrying the basket of muffins around a film set, I just want to be involved in the process of turning words on a page into real life. That's my dream. And if it doesn't happen, then the Supreme Ruler of the Universe thing sounds good too. :D

Your turn.

Wow that's awesome. If you're that passionate about it then your dream more than likely will come true (hmm...optimism. isn't it great :D ) Personally, I'm into that kind of stuff and art, but only as hobbies. I'm actually planning to be a pediatrician when I grow up, however.

Wow that's awesome. If you're that passionate about it then your dream more than likely will come true (hmm...optimism. isn't it great :D ) Personally, I'm into that kind of stuff and art, but only as hobbies. I'm actually planning to be a pediatrician when I grow up, however.

High five :P . I really hope I can get into med school and become a pediatrician. Either that or a psychiatrist. Don't really know yet. :D

High five :lol: . I really hope I can get into med school and become a pediatrician. Either that or a psychiatrist. Don't really know yet. :P

I have a large amount of respect for pediatricians! I could never have the heart to be around sick children. My old bio teacher told me a story about a little girl she had to do surgery on who died in the surgery.. she told me she cried and was in church for the whole week after! I think I would never leave church if something like that happened with me!

good luck guys :P

I want to get into some good uni and then go on to a career in Investment Banking, where I toil away spending umpteen hours, earning a lot, have no time to spend all my money. Ahhh that's the life.

Edited by Aboo
  • Like 2

High five :lol: . I really hope I can get into med school and become a pediatrician. Either that or a psychiatrist. Don't really know yet. :D

Who are you? My soul-mate? :D

Anyways, I want to study medicine and become a doctor and/or surgeon. Something I have always wanted and I am so excited about it. :P Some branches that I am very interested in: pediatrics, psychiatry, cardiology, pulmonology, gynaecology and emergency medicine.

Or in short - I am going to have a tough decision to choose *is greedy :P

There are many in my school I know and now I see this thread heh. Good luck everyone!

Edited by HMSChocolate

There are two things I have wanted to grow up to be..granted that my results in my final year of IB will allow me to do so.

My first plan:

Get into the medicine at McGill taking a double major in Pharmaceuticals and Marketting and coming back to get a masters in Pharmacy.

I have a strong feeling this may not happen, but I made myself a backup.

This involved getting into Waterloo into Engineering to probably major in architecture.

Ive got strong hopes for the future..Just need to work towards it.

Who are you? My soul-mate? :D

Anyways, I want to study medicine and become a doctor and/or surgeon. Something I have always wanted and I am so excited about it. :lol: Some branches that I am very interested in: pediatrics, psychiatry, cardiology, pulmonology, gynaecology and emergency medicine.

Or in short - I am going to have a tough decision to choose *is greedy :D

There are many in my school I know and now I see this thread heh. Good luck everyone!

Lol. :P Yup, there's a great deal of students aiming for med school from the IB. Good luck everyone. :P