What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

I want(ed) to study medicine, specifically neurology, dermatology or pathology... I don't think I'm doing well enough in school though, and I'm having second thoughts... Currently I'm thinking about being a forensic scientist, or even a forensic pathologist... Sounds a bit creepy, but quite cool to me :D

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm the only one here that wants to be a Marine Biologist, maybe a biological illustrator (minor in art). Take some zoology classes as well.

I use to want to be a vet, I love animals, or be a doctor but I don't feel like being sued. I'm a ditzy blonde tongue.gif soo I make mistakes hehe.

Sorry for the late reply, but hey! I have a friend who wants to be a marine biologist! He wrote something related to marine biology for his EE!

I think it's a fascinating discipline to get into. Go for it!

By the way, I heard from my friend that it's useful to learn SCUBA diving if you want to become a marine biologist. It'll really give you an edge amongst other biologists. My friend did a PADI Open Water diver qualification outside of school.

• Like 1

I wanna be spiderman! *i wish* i really did though when i was young then it changed to hitman :P

Hmm, i wanted to be a vet at first but then i was denied the chance so now i want to do something in developmental psychology. I'm stuck between child psychology and helping out at an elderly home. When the time comes i guess i'll make that decision :)

Edited by kim luffy

It absolutely terrifies me that everyone I have ever met believes I should become an artist.

I would like to go into education, though my parents strongly discourage such endeavours.

I am disheartened by my lack of passion for the sciences; a hobo is what I will likely become.

• Like 1

Does anybody else have absolutely no idea what they want to be? It's pretty scary to try to plan out your entire life this early!

I have absolutely no idea! I'm at the point where I'm trying to pick college courses and I'm still utterly confused. I wish I knew what I wanted...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any philosopher-cum-director wannabes here?? I want to pull off a couple of Nolans at hollywood, direct high-concept films like the matrix or eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. #youthfulidealism

sorry about the late reply! Yeah, philosophy/arts sounds really interesting... dont like my chances for career prospects though :P

Good luck to you! I love movies like that :D

I think it would be cool to go abroad and get a job in a completely different environment, maybe a poorer country in south america doing something like teaching.

Lol you just described half of my CAS activities XD

wow, that's so cool :D, where abouts did you go?

To several places in Peru =). Basically I've gone to rural towns and teach english, math and literacy to children and adults. Once I helped improve a school, it was a cool experience :D

I'm hoping that after I finish my bachelors program in European Studies at the university of Maastricht, I can get an internship at either the EU or with NATO, both of which are in Brussels. Afterwards, I'm hoping to persue a masters in either Int. Relations or European Relations. :)

• Like 1

I want to study music performance and hopefully be either a music teacher, solo performer, get into a good symphony orchestra, or something along those lines. I'm not sure why I'm in IB, that is not the typical career path of an IB student. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Edited by opus92fan

• 2 weeks later...

Short term: I'm gonna pass IB with at least 40 points. Still a bit torn bout which uni and specific degree i wanna study within the engineering realm but that doesn't really matter as long as I end up as an aeronautical engineer.

Long Term: start an airline at the level of Virgin Atlantic based in Southern Africa and also start an airline manufacturer based in Southern Africa again that will be above the Boeing An Airbus levels ( :hmmm:well, it will take some time getting to those levels, but it shall be done! ) :clap:

Oow and I also wanna start my own chain of dance studios in Canada :peace: