Why men do stupid things according to a TOK student.

Guest TimeLess

Guest TimeLess

The reason why men do idiotic things: Women. We are nothing more to women then an amusement park ride with life insurance. We're all morons, that's what comes from being a man. Why else would we do the idiotic things that we do? From the moment they dared us to eat that worm, to the moments when they tell us we can shovel that insane amount of snow, we men are morons. Do you ski?... No? Well, you will someday when your girl wants you to. Have you ever been in a weight room when a pretty girl walks by, and you say to yourself "I think I'll start my warm up bench with 400 lbs today". So you see, for as long as there's women, there will be men around doing stupid things to impress them.

Hmm...Like Irene mentioned this is for a specific group :)

But, nonetheless, the principle is there.

I can honestly say I don't think that is true. No matter what your sexuality is, I have friends on every dot on the "spectrum" and the majority will control themselves and kind of get out of situations. That is, they won't lust. They hold their heads up and move on.

But to give you a more specific example, I have a best friend who is so smart and applying to party colleges. His major is undecided and will be for a long time. He is upset that "partying and hot girls" is not a major.

On the other hand, I have a friend, who wouldn't fall out of the party-guy jock stereotype, and yet he has complete control. He ignores women all the time if it means that he is on a path doing something else. I thought it was kind of nice when we went on a trip and he denied someone, just because he was with a friend :)

HHmmm...psychology is definitely an individual type perspective, where everyone will have slightly bent views that don't align with yours. Dont you agree? In my head, I have completely thrown it out as a concrete science. The first thing that comes up in my head every time someone spews psychology is that the variables are so large, I mostly dont listen XD

Side suggestion: if you want to be published in college doing research, stray from psychology. Most of the time your study is deemed reputable only if it has aged. Go along and play with natural science tools.

Edited by biochem

• 5 months later...

Women don't force men to do something. It's just men seem to have this uncontrolled signal when they see a woman and they have to do something, which I admit, is often silly or stupid! However there are men that can control themselves, which goes to show that the cause of this are men, not women. :D

As Aboo said, this is psycology, because it's all about what's on the guy's mind, he could be thinking: "I already have a girl, screw the others"..or "God this girl is amazing, I have to make her notice me, think! quick quick!", you get the point. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

is this a good topic for the EE? would i be allowed to do it?

Hmmm, you MAY be able to do this as an EE topic, but I would recommend that you take a look at another aspect of Gender Roles/Development. If there is enough research on this subject that you can readily access, then you can do it. Just make sure to get an advisor who knows what their doing, and one who is trained in Psychology. Personally, I would stray from this topic, as I don't know much about it.