Taking extra classes = extra credits?

sweet_tanjarine

I was just wondering, if you took seven classes, does the points in the additional class count for the exams? Or do they only take 6 best subjects and give credit for that.

I heard someone took 9 different exams! How is that even possible? Can you just apply to any exam you want and get credit for it? Even if you never even took the class corresponding to the exam?

Thanks for the replies in advance! ^_^ )

Edited by sweet_tanjarine

I'm not sure about it. But one students from my school wanted to do the Biology exams and she did even though the school did not offer the course. I do not know exactly how it is done, but apparently you can take the any exam if you send ibo all the proyects, even if you study by yourself.

The answer is NO. as a matter of fact, it's a BIG FAT NO!!!

there are six cores in IB programme. each exam is in a particular core. if you take more than one exam in each core, you must decide which exam will be marked as extra. there extras do NOT count toward you 24 points that you need.

if that did could, i would be such a happy man, because i've taken like 3 exams already, and 5 more to go this year.

When you take seven classes providing you pass them all, you end up with a Diploma and a Certificate. Thus when you register for exams (about half way through your 2nd year) you have to indiciate which subjects you are taking as part of your Diploma (these subjects have to fullfil criteria of being all in the 6 groups etc) and which subjects you are taking as the Certificate. It's not possible to change when you've got your grade. You can't pick and choose which subject to count as your Cert after grades are issued to make sure your Diploma score is higher. So basically it means you'd take the extra Cert either because your university actually cares that you've taken 7 subjects or you need all those subjects for uni, or you just want more work. :D

I heard someone took 9 different exams! How is that even possible? Can you just apply to any exam you want and get credit for it? Even if you never even took the class corresponding to the exam?

I'm not sure how that's possible. Are you sure it's 9 IB subjects? It could be someone took their usual IB Diploma and did some AP classes as well.

You can register for any subject provided that you can do the IA and spend the required amount of hours studying it (usually with a teacher). But of course this policy will vary from school to school.