Is this an appropriate audience for my Written Task?

Habbo

I am writing my first written task for English A2 HL and I chose the Literary Option to write a police statement in a professional manner.

The purpose is to convey an important theme from The Great Gatsby

Im unsure what the audience of my task should be, is it supposed to be other characters in the novel or is "an audience of readers vary of the work", basically anyone who has read the book, appropriate?

My audience is basically anyone who would like to read a written task that creatively conveys a theme from the novel in the form of a police statement.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you oughta be more realistic than that. The examiners want plausibility from written tasks and I assure you there are very few instances wherein the theme of a novel has been conveyed in a police statement.

Why not just make it real? What is the real audience of a police statement?

We were told that it doesn't matter what audience you choose, as long as you clarify it in your rationale. However, I don't think "anyone who would like to read a written task that creatively conveys a theme from the novel in the form of a police statement" is a target audience that most examiners will give you high marks for...