How do I do error calculations for my bio lab?

KiwiBee

We learned about like relative and absolute uncertainties in chem, is that what we're supposed to do? I'm not sure exactly how this part works, or how you would present it. Also, are tables necessary for IB labs? My data is alot easier to read on a graph, but I'm not sure if I should include the tables anyways. Help? :P

Yes, include the table. Yeah, you can do those uncertainties and you can do error bars on the graph if you know how to. I do percent error whenever that's applicable because it's the easiest thing. For %Error, you take the theoretical value [that you can calculate] and subtract the experimental/actual value you determined from doing the lab and divide it by the theoretical value. Then you multiply by 100. And this isn't applicable to many experiments, but it has been for several that I've done. My teacher said it's okay not to do 'fancy' t-test and other statistical analysis things we haven't learned yet. If you've learned it, use it when appropriate.