Going from math SL to math HL

thatguy

I'm currently in 11th grade. Last year, when my math teacher was conferencing with us concerning which math we were going to take in IB, she was basically letting us choose between SL and Studies. She said that HL was too challenging for all but 2 of our students (they both skipped a few math courses and had taken some of the advanced classes). I wasn't too thrilled about this.

This year, I've learned almost nothing in the SL class and I have over 100% in it. Last week, the teacher asked me if I would be willing to move up to the HL class during my senior year. I of course accepted the offer. However, I have a few questions about this...

Will I still be able to get HL credit so long as I take all the HL exams?

What will happen about my SL IA that I turned in a week ago?

Same here, I just realized that for the course I want to do in university I need to be taking HL math (I took SL out of pure laziness). I'm midway through the first year and am going to ask next week if I can switch my class (as we are on break now, yay). Hopefully they will agree or I don't know what I'll do...

I think you'll get credit but you have to re-do your IA. Good luck!