Type I -- Infinite Summation

ballon

They've given us a new math internal assessment about infinite summation. But I couldn't find anything on the internet and I really need help because I did not understand anything!!!!!! its deadline is 4 days from now! If there's anyone who already solve it please help me!

Post by: Mahuta

2 TOPICS MERGED

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

We just got our Maths IA and it's about Infinite Summations

Did anyone else get that same IA?

I'm having trouble finding a general formula

Even though I'm getting an arithmetic series for this problem, the formula that I come up with doesn't work properly.

The only thing I know so far is that n = Sn, so every time n changes its value, Sn becomes that same value.

The problem is:

(x ln a)

Where x = 1 and a = any number between 0 and 10 (includes 0 and 10)

And the first term for a = 2

If anyone could help me, thanks in advance.

Edited by hrofu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i need to give it in in 2 days and i havent got a clue how to do it....

what the **** do you need to write in the explanation

does any one have any type 1 examples...would be a big help :P

thanks

Edited by Aboo
We have swear filters in place. Don't try to avoid them =) And no text speak either!

• 1 month later...

Am also doing this coursework.

I've done the two specific ones where x=1, a=2 and where x=1, a=3 but am now trying to do the general sequence for a where x=1 and am not sure how to go about this. I've written this out in full 10∑r=0(ln a )^n/n! but have no idea where to go from there. If anyone could give me some indication of how i'm meant to start adding these would be a massive help!

Thanks.

i got the general formula as a^x but this is valid only till x=3 for my investigation, for different values of a.

so did anyone else too got the same limitation??

Am also doing this coursework.

I've done the two specific ones where x=1, a=2 and where x=1, a=3 but am now trying to do the general sequence for a where x=1 and am not sure how to go about this. I've written this out in full 10∑r=0(ln a )^n/n! but have no idea where to go from there. If anyone could give me some indication of how i'm meant to start adding these would be a massive help!

Thanks.

READ THE QUESTION properly and carefully you will get the answer to the question......

use different values of 'a' too..

i got the general formula as a^x but this is valid only till x=3 for my investigation, for different values of a.

Try increasing the number of terms for summation, this is likely to be your issue. Any positive value of x should work.

What program are you using for your calculations?

Try increasing the number of terms for summation, this is likely to be your issue. Any positive value of x should work.

What program are you using for your calculations?

i am using the GDC...only for calculations although

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although your teacher is supposed to tell you this, however:

First you have to have a paragraph explaining what your project is about, what you're investigating and finally the method you're using. Also make sure you mention the 'technology' you're using, i.e GDC and whatever computer software you're going to use.

The rest is just up to you, as long as it coherent, organized and wont confuse the teacher or the marker.

Also remember to include a conclusion (some people don't do that), saying what you found out in the investigation and whether or not your method worked.

I'm assuming you were given a paper in which the project is explained and given guiding questions?

• Like 4