Favourite subject in IB?

Hey guys, Just a point of interest - what is your favourite subject in your entire "IB career"? I mean the one(s) that don't make you fall to sleep.

For me History always keeps me awake - not even one temptation to sleep in class. I'm just not sure is it because of the teacher (because she is so down to earth) or because I love history (don't ask me why - I just do).

Mine is biology! The things we learn(ed) are really interesting and we always related them to real life examples. And we asked MANY questions and made discussions (biology related ones of course) that made the class really interesting.

I also liked German because our teacher is veryyyy good and wise too. You can ask her anything, and she will always have an answer ready!!!!

Edited by pomoni

Physics :blush: I have a personal interest for the subject, even before taking it in IB.

It was great to go deeper into the topic, and involve more mathematics as well.

On top of that, I had a wonderful teacher who made the lessons entertaining, informative and rather amusing.

I actually miss it.

Well I was definitely extremely bored and falling asleep in all of them, without question, so excluding that as a potential criterion for what was my favourite subject... I think that had I been awake for it, Biology had the most interesting content in it. It was actually quite an entertaining lesson when you were up for it, although not in a way particularly connected to the subject, as our teacher kept wandering off and being generally useless. Some of the stuff she (unintentionally) did was absolutely hilarious to watch. If you did happen to feel bright and perky, it was also very social whenever she disappeared :)

Being honest I don't think I had any real academic love of things during the IB. A great deal of my lessons involved slowly having your soul sucked out, as I recall... Okay well slight melodrama there. At the time that was genuinely my feeling, though. Bleak stuff, TBH.

Free now, though :blush:

I enjoyed TOK a lot because my teacher was wonderful, hands down one of the best I've ever had.

wow....you love TOK? I mean maybe it is just my school or something but all IBers from my school and I do mean all hate TOK alot. Every time my TOK teacher says we are going to watch something today my brain turns off instantly and 3/4 of the class will fall to sleep while watching. I guess having a good teacher is definitely a vital element rite? :blush:

I enjoyed TOK a lot because my teacher was wonderful, hands down one of the best I've ever had.

wow....you love TOK? I mean maybe it is just my school or something but all IBers from my school and I do mean all hate TOK alot. Every time my TOK teacher says we are going to watch something today my brain turns off instantly and 3/4 of the class will fall to sleep while watching. I guess having a good teacher is definitely a vital element rite? :blush:

Yeah my teacher was amazing, he is one of those people that you can tell they're very intelligent but not egotistic/boastful about it and he's very humble. He was pretty much like a philosopher himself haha, sometimes in class he would randomly start daydreaming in the middle of a sentence and he got very passionate about topics, made class/debates a lot of fun.

think that had I been awake for it, Biology had the most interesting content in it. It was actually quite an entertaining lesson when you were up for it, although not in a way particularly connected to the subject, as our teacher kept wandering off and being generally useless. Some of the stuff she (unintentionally) did was absolutely hilarious to watch

hahaha that definitely sounds fun! what sort of things did she do? =D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...