Economics vs. Business & Management

B&M seems easier to me and is more related to the real world considering it touches all the aspects that a business deals in on a daily basis thus making it more useful. Economics looks at the global society as a whole and you get to know about how the world's economies work, which is also useful.

Unis usually prefer Economics to B&M considering they teach usually Eco, and not B&M.

And, my teacher said that even though Business seems easier, the grade distributions for both subjects are usually the same worldwide.

Thinking about university studies, Economics is the way to go. Universities appreciate it more than B&M. For example, Cambridge has it on a list of subjects with Music, Art, ITGS, etc. and they say that you shouldn't have two subjects from that list. Economics isn't on the list.

But I agree, B&M does sound more interesting - I probably would have selected it had I had the chance.

P.S. First Economics test on Monday... XD

• 4 weeks later...
Econ. is like, the general over-view and the base of B&M, Econ. is the big picture and according to the Econ. the B&M will be the way it is...=/

I take both...But I so prefer Econ.! It seems much more realted to the world...B&M is kinda complex, and needs a lot more thinking... :)

Interesting, I think the opposite... To me, economics is too abstract. :/

I like thinking. :)

We didn't have B&M, so have to stick with Econ.

Edited by ozZiiiii

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I see. B&M sounds maybe more interesting than Economics, but I must say that after looking through the Economics books at my school, it seems pretty interesting, too! :hug:

Well they are both interesting, but I personally find Business to be more interesting for the simple reason that it is more real!

Economics is all theories.....What if they did this, what would happen if they did this.....etc......

But business, it is something that you may run into in ur everyday life!!

• 2 months later...
DUDE! Econ. is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier wtf...

Business you have to kill your brains and mention EVERYTHING and "EVERYTHING" is a whole lot...

Econ. you just have to mention an example, certain points, and a graphhhhhhhhh =] and it makes sense!

I agree. I take both (unfortunately) and although they 'speak the same language', they are two different things altogether. It messes with your head but at the same time, allows you to see problems in a different angle. Economics is stating the theory for a situation, drawing a graph and explaining. Business you need to remember theorists, pros and cons, different ways of management and a whole other bunch of facts.

Well they are both interesting, but I personally find Business to be more interesting for the simple reason that it is more real!

Economics is all theories.....What if they did this, what would happen if they did this.....etc......

But business, it is something that you may run into in ur everyday life!!

I guess, however, I guess economics IS easier because it IS theories. Business is just facts (and a whooole lot of them). I guess then it's personal preference.

AURON