SAT Physics

Kagesou

Sorry - I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I'm quite desperate to know.

I am taking the SAT Physics subject test on Saturday.

I know that we need to learn the formulae but then howabout the constants? Like the Plancks constant, the permittivity of free space etc.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you don't need to know the constants--that'd be crazy, although I guess having to know so many formulas can also be considered crazy.

With formulas, knowing what's proportional to what is really important. That's the main use of formulas, although you do just plug in numbers they give you into the formula that you memorize to solve for one unknown variable in the formula.

If you have some time, check out Sparknotes here: http://testprep.sparknotes.com/testcenter/sat2/physics/

The practice tests are probably more helpful than the book because once you finish the test, you can go over the questions you got wrong and get [somewhat to very] detailed explanations for the questions. It depends on how much time you can spend on this.

Good luck on your test! And any others you might be taking this Saturday. =)

[i'm going to move this thread to the University forum because that's where the other SAT test questions are, but it's no problem at all.]